Bor Help??????????????

hired gun

First of all, believe me, I have tried to figure this out on my own. I've bee to the official site, and even read a faq on the Spanish Gp32 site, but I still can't get BOR to run on my Gp32. I've put the Borfxe. in the GPMM folder, and then put the BOR.PAK in the GPMM folder (about a hundred different ways) and while the game start to load, I get the same message every time "BAD FREE (double/addr/underflow). " I must be missing something very simple, as it seems pretty straighfoward from what I've read on the net, but I just can't figure out what step I must be missing. I'd shure appreciate a helping hand on this. H.G.

I think you have to put the .pak files in a bordata directory along with a paklist.txt so that it knows what borpaks are available.

Goity posted on Sep 25 2005 at 04:51 PM said:
Yeah what hooka said, and try Goits Of Rage

Thanks gang, I'm starting to nail this down now. I think I now know what I'm missing, which is a paklist.txt. That's the good news, the bad news is that I have NO idea what a paklist.txt is. Just to give you folks a clearer idea of what my SMC looks like, and what I need to fix, I've got the bor.pak in a folder which reads "bordata" and the fxe file by itself, both within the gpmm folder. After reading the posts here and then re-reading the Spanish faq I guess it's a paklist.txt that is missing. Could someone point me in the right direction????? Hate to be such a bother, H.G.

Last edited by a moderator:
make a quick text file called packlist.txt and make entries like this:

speed=1750
bor.pak=Beats of Rage
xmen.pak=xmen
castle.pak=Castelvania
bormini.pak=Beats of Rage
megaman.pak=Megaman
gng.pak=Ghouls'n'Ghosts Returns
vor.pak=Village of Rage

The speed one is just to set the speed you want it to run, just leave it like above at first.

Are you using BOR beta 6 or OpenBOR?

Hooka posted on Sep 25 2005 at 08:13 PM said:
make a quick text file called packlist.txt and make entries like this:

speed=1750
bor.pak=Beats of Rage
xmen.pak=xmen
castle.pak=Castelvania
bormini.pak=Beats of Rage
megaman.pak=Megaman
gng.pak=Ghouls'n'Ghosts Returns
vor.pak=Village of Rage

The speed one is just to set the speed you want it to run, just leave it like above at first.

Are you using BOR beta 6 or OpenBOR?

I'm using the BOR beta 6 and the MOD is beats of rage. I made a text file called packlist.txt and the following entries
speed=1750
bor.pak=Beats of Rage both within the bordata folder and I still get the same message as before. I am starting to think that mabye I'm a lost case, as I've followed your instructions to the letter (and I don't question your instructions, but my ability to follow through on them) and I am where I started. H.G.

There also needs to be like two returns (2 blank lines) after the last line in the txt file unless this was fixed recently. The only other thing I could say is maybe your bor.pak is corrupted?

Alpha2 posted on Sep 25 2005 at 10:44 PM said:
There also needs to be like two returns (2 blank lines) after the last line in the txt file unless this was fixed recently. The only other thing I could say is maybe your bor.pak is corrupted?

BA-BOOM-BA, YES, YES, YES, Thanks to both of you for all the help. The final piece of the puzzle was the two blank lines at the end. I would never have guessed that in a ZILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLION years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Course I wouldn't have gotten to even that step if Hooka hadn't put me on the path. A big thanks going out to both of you. I'm off to play the first game now, and it's dedicated to you both, LOL, H.G.

Alpha2 posted on Sep 26 2005 at 05:59 AM said:
Happy to help, enjoy!

Enjoy I am Alpha2, I never imagined that such graphics could be displayed on a hand held. It just blows me away every time I play. Thanks again, once you learn how to set it up it's not that hard, it just those "little details" that nobody seems to talk about that can "hamstring" you, LOL, H.G.

Back