What is missing

Okay... I'm still not sure I understand him properly or ask what the problem is...

So not I should develop everything, but offer blueprints, etc. so that others can create addons... well, the case files and schematics will be released once the development is finished, so this is done.

I should delegate things to the community... well, while I do not delegate but rather ask, it already IS the community working on all the software. Be it the OS, the DBP system, the repo,the tournament hub or other things.

So... this can be checked then as well?

So is he asking for things like we're already doing them?

I'm pretty confused what he's asking for :)

LOL

maybe he is meaning about something modular like the google phone ?

Okay... I'm still not sure I understand him properly or ask what the problem is...

So not I should develop everything, but offer blueprints, etc. so that others can create addons... well, the case files and schematics will be released once the development is finished, so this is done.

I should delegate things to the community... well, while I do not delegate but rather ask, it already IS the community working on all the software. Be it the OS, the DBP system, the repo,the tournament hub or other things.

I'm pretty confused what he's asking for :)

Perhaps: "I lack some skills , can you build it for me?" ?

So to the serious questions hardware side, I see 2 tasks:

-dock (any plans from your site ED? or is it a field to jump in already?). Do we have a "which functions should the Pyra dock have" Thread already?

-battery charging station. Depends on how many of us might really have the need of an extra battery (I'm not sure if any after the post of Grench). But I can't think of any situation/event, where there is no power supply one would go with the pyra...

Both are fields I would conrtibute harwdare wise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great attitude. So negative.

Telling you that there is nothing stopping you from doing something yourself is negative?  Like, yeah, I know it has the word "nothing" in it and that's typically construed as negative, but if you read the entire sentence in context you'd see that it's actually positive: there is nothing stopping you means that the thing you want can exist, all you need to do is add it.

I'm with everyone else, no idea what it is that you're actually asking for here.  If you want more storage, an SSD or otherwise, the Pyra supports eSATA (as was mentioned): just bring your hard drive and plug it in when needed.  If you want some changes to the case so that you can actually put a hard drive into it and not have to worry about external things at all then that would make the device too big to be pocketable and you'd be better off just getting a laptop at that point.

Seriously, full sized laptops exist with arguably superior specs to what the Pyra will have for less money.  Everything that you've said makes me think that you want the Pyra to be a mini laptop but laws of physics dictate that it can't have everything you want and still be the same size so the next best thing is to accept that current technology has its limits and to just get a laptop.

Thanks for your effort, folks. At least some of you took my suggestions seriously. Not all of you, of course, but that's ok.
For those of you who can't / won't get it what I'm targeting at, it's useless to explain more.

(...)
so this is done.

(...)

I'm pretty confused what he's asking for

It seems that everything is done, so please stay confused, nothing to worry about.
https://youtu.be/y6Sxv-sUYtM
Btw there is a thin line between irony, sarcasm and cynicism. But I don't want to confuse anybody even more, so
Stay cool, folks.

Thanks for your effort, folks. At least some of you took my suggestions seriously. Not all of you, of course, but that's ok.
For those of you who can't / won't get it what I'm targeting at, it's useless to explain more.

I am seriously grateful that nobody of note took your outlandish suggestions that ignore the project's goals and philosophy, not to mention basic 3D geometry, to make fundamental changes in the final prototype stage of a device that has been in collaborative development on these forums for over two years seriously.

At this point in the development cycle, the Pyra is far closer to 'done' than you seem to comprehend.  'Done' is defined as electrically functioning hardware with a boot loader and a more or less functional OS.

You could probably count the 'project team' on your fingers with several left.  The budget is a comparative shoestring.  The release date is when it's done.  It is a completely different hardware production model from anything you're likely to have experienced outside of a few Kickstarter projects.

Half of your suggestions are already part of the project and the other half were far to impractical for anyone who understands the project or device to actually take your suggestions seriously.  

The project and the device are both VERY interesting.  Somewhere there is a Pyra device fact sheet that makes some great introduction reading on the device.  ED's news posts (just the first post in each Pyra news thread) make a great place to get a feel for the project itself.

Back