Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chatboard

• Other - discuss

• Total voters

DaveC

Internal Development
I have noticed that the GP32 is the "Harley" of handhelds. Like a Harley, It is not the newest technology, not the fastest you can buy, and has its share of quirks. But like the Harley it seems to have a cult following and it seems to be customised alot. I was wondering what customisation you have on your GP32. Maybe you have an idea that hasn't been done yet, let's hear it.

Oh, and I forgot different Firmware on the list duh!.

I just have the glass screen on mine, it R00lz! I was thinking maybe of a joypad mod but the stick is not bad and I have gotten used to it.

Thats a silly poll, because most people like me (glass & paint) have done more than one mod to their gp32.
And you can only pick one mod, so I`m not voting.

I have my GP since 2002.
I broke the latch of the battery lid and glued it back with superglue. Now I have to use a knife to push the latch down and remove the cover. :wacko:
I have also used a dremel tool to expand the joystick socket, so it would make diagonals.
I have changed the button/membranes twice. First using a membrane from a cheap gamepad, then using GBAX membranes, which are much better.
Oh - I have also added the glass screen (after I added the replacement GBAX plastic screen). The glass screen is much better.
And rewired the speakers.
And burned Firmwares - first the "no intro" hacked original FW, then multifw, then my very own PhodaFW (Windups 1.0 + Phodrive), the Slubman FW with Phodrive (of course). Slubman firmware rocks!
I have a made a GP32 Wormlight made out of two Gameboy Wormlights (it looks like an antenna) which were also modified using 10.000cd LEDs for extra brightness. Someday I will buy a BLU unit though.

I also tried modding a light deflection screen from an old Ipaq. It did not work.

My GP still works, in case you may ask.

i don't have mine yet but i'm ordering it with the glass screen and a voltage mod

I've colord my GP32 black [sorta dull looking, and the cover and a part of the back's color iz fading somehow... :( ] and I changed my firmware 3 times [ currently have slubman's firmware with phodrive] .
BTW : Where can I order a glass screen, and how the heck can you make lighting buttons?? That sounds cool, but I'm selling my gp32_console for $110 so I can get a European BLU.

Also: since my paint job ain't the best, has anyone done a paint job that came out very well? If so, what did you use?

Oh yeah, where can I get chatboard support?

Something else as well, although I'm not finished with it yet. It only works with some extra wiring, which I've yet to solder in place permanently........ :p

http://www.reloded.com/gp32/stowaway.avi

It'll be done when it's done :)

I love the spinning around effect!!! :lol: That would be a good mod though!

Mine is voltage modded and has 2 nice indents on the gray part by the screen from my clumsy hands dropping it. I want to paint it blue with yellow stars over the speakers but am Fearful of making it look like a POS! Hahaha like I did when I ruined 2 PSX controllers by painting them.... But that is a diffrent story....

Last edited by a moderator:
i've broken my old gp's lcd connecter somehow. only some weird colour left on the screen. now i am soldering the wires ONE BY ONE back to the pcb. there are 50 wires~!
don't know when it will be done, or it will be destroyed by my clumsy soldering skill :p

Back