What Films Do You Want To Download For Your Gp32?

What PD films should I be processing for GP32 Theatre?

• Martial arts films! (i.e, Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, Sonny Chiba)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Horror films! (i.e, Bela Lugosi, Spike Lee, Peter Cushing)

• Westerns! (i.e, John Wayne, Lee Van Cleef, Tom Selleck)

• Sci-fi films! (i.e, Roger Corman)

• History/War films! (i.e anything that involves getting one-up against Jerry, what!)

• Old TV shows! (i.e Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Beverly Hillbillies, Bonanza)

• Old cartoons! (i.e, Merrie Melodies, Superman, Tex Avery)

• Stuff with actors I might have actually heard of (e.g; Jack Nicholson, Robert Deniro, Peter Sellers,

• Just download whatever you can ^_^

• Total voters

martial art films!!!

also if you can put up like comedy stand up shows will be great!!! like eddie murphy(aka the fuck you man)will be great. :)

also if you can put up like comedy stand up shows will be great!!! like eddie murphy(aka the fuck you man)will be great. smile.gif
It would be great!!

But I' m a little "affraid" because there is a lot of movements in martial arts, doesn' t it would be too confused in the GP's "little" screen?

markusdragon posted on Apr 5 2005 at 06:16 PM said:
Quiest posted on Apr 5 2005 at 01:14 PM said:
What about Sister Streetfighter, or what`s the name, watched True Romance a while back, he said "Die Schwester des Streetfigher" (yeah, german) and I can`t remeber what`s was written on the big theater banner...

If I can find it on the network, then I'll get it. Unfortanatly, it's one of the lesser known spinoffs of 'The Street Fighter'.

sam fisher posted on Apr 5 2005 at 10:55 AM said:
i voted anything but prefere kung fu and sci fi my self. please only submit if you are 100% sure they are public domain. Im gonna put another disclaimer on the site to say if they aren't to email me and the will be down at once.

A wise idea. I think even the archive have one of those. I'm pretty sure everything that I upload is PD tho. Can't say the same for some of the other stuff that's up there tho...

Magellan posted on Apr 5 2005 at 04:35 PM said:
If you can find any "Battle of the Planets" episodes, I can relive my childhood!

Some sources say they're public domain, but I'm going to look into this more closely...
what non pd stuff? please tell me so i can rip it right off there.

Also i dont have naything but ftp access sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I doubt either of the Pixar shorts that are on the Marathon page are Public Domain, especially with them being owned by Disney.

But other than that, it's just stuff like the trailers, which aren't public domain, but the companies don't mind (for 'don't mind', read 'get free advertising from') people releasing them.
Which reminds me, I'm thinking of doing a huge number of trailers while these films download.

Also, I'm getting as many public domain cartoons that are related to tex avery as I possibly can; the man was a genius. He was to cartoons what Tolkien was to fantasy.

markusdragon posted on Apr 6 2005 at 03:18 AM said:
Also, I'm getting as many public domain cartoons that are related to tex avery as I possibly can; the man was a genius. He was to cartoons what Tolkien was to fantasy.

I'm glad a man of such good taste as yourself is involved in this project :)

You are the truth!!

Well, I doubt either of the Pixar shorts that are on the Marathon page are Public Domain, especially with them being owned by Disney.

But other than that, it's just stuff like the trailers, which aren't public domain, but the companies don't mind (for 'don't mind', read 'get free advertising from') people releasing them.
Which reminds me, I'm thinking of doing a huge number of trailers while these films download.

Yes, thanks!
And for anyone who doesn't know:
http://www.texavery.com/shots

Huxley posted on Apr 6 2005 at 09:57 AM said:

I'm glad a man of such good taste as yourself is involved in this project :)
hes brilliant!

Okay, having taken the poll so far into account, my 'upcoming attractions' list is as follows:

Downloaded and/or Encoded
-------------------------------------
The 36 crazy fists (directed by Jackie Chan, starring Tony Leung Siu Hung)
Rumble in Hong Kong (has Jackie Chan playing a villain)
Black Samurai (Blaxploitation meets martial arts movie ripoff)
Plan 9 from outer space (Classic sci-fi so cheesy, you can still taste the parmesan)
Un Chien Andelau (Short surrealist art film. Weird barely describes it)
Jerky Turkey (Classic Tex Avery thanksgiving cartoon)
Manos: The Hands of Fate (Critically acclaimed as the worse movie ever. Seriously.)

Downloading
-----------------
Bloody Fight
LTMM - All this and Rabbit Stew (Banned from TV)
LTMM - An itch in time
LTMM - Ali Baba Bound
LTMM - Daffy the Commando (Banned from TV, with apologies to the german members of our community)
Mighty Mouse - Wolf! Wolf!
Tex Avery - Doggone Tired
The Street Fighter
Return of the Street Fighter
Fantasy Mission Force
Breathing Fire
Alfred Hitchcock Presents - The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Scared to Death
Fearless Hyena
Quatermass and the Pit

On Hold
-----------
Five Fingers of Death (encoding problems)
Wheels on Meals (subtitle problems)

Thanks so much for keeping my gp32_console happy (and myself in the process ;) )

What about one or two of those old 20s silent comedy shorts? :p Maybe something with Buster Keaton and Fatty Arbuckle, or one of Chaplin's early ones.

Other than that, TURKISH KUNG FU FILMS!!! :ph34r: After watching Turkish Star Wars I have become a convert to Cuneyt Arkin's very original way of making movies with no budget, cheesy dialogue and pictures and music stolen from other movies. Come to think of it, the films themselves are probably not legal...

markusdragon posted on Apr 6 2005 at 09:20 PM said:
Okay, having taken the poll so far into account, my 'upcoming attractions' list is as follows:

Downloaded and/or Encoded
-------------------------------------
The 36 crazy fists (directed by Jackie Chan, starring Tony Leung Siu Hung)
Rumble in Hong Kong (has Jackie Chan playing a villain)
Black Samurai (Blaxploitation meets martial arts movie ripoff)
Plan 9 from outer space (Classic sci-fi so cheesy, you can still taste the parmesan)
Un Chien Andelau (Short surrealist art film. Weird barely describes it)
Jerky Turkey (Classic Tex Avery thanksgiving cartoon)
Manos: The Hands of Fate (Critically acclaimed as the worse movie ever. Seriously.)

Downloading
-----------------
Bloody Fight
LTMM - All this and Rabbit Stew (Banned from TV)
LTMM - An itch in time
LTMM - Ali Baba Bound
LTMM - Daffy the Commando (Banned from TV, with apologies to the german members of our community)
Mighty Mouse - Wolf! Wolf!
Tex Avery - Doggone Tired
The Street Fighter
Return of the Street Fighter
Fantasy Mission Force
Breathing Fire
Alfred Hitchcock Presents - The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Scared to Death
Fearless Hyena
Quatermass and the Pit

On Hold
-----------
Five Fingers of Death (encoding problems)
Wheels on Meals (subtitle problems)
nice

and about who ever said that i think some stuff from the 20's has had its copyright renewed. i have no idea what impact this has on that before 1922 rule thing.

Nice!!

BTW it' s not "Un Chien Andelau" but "Un Chien Andalous" directed by Bunuel and the great Salvatore Dali, it' s a dadaist film.

The_Sheik posted on Apr 7 2005 at 12:25 PM said:
Nice!!

BTW it' s not "Un Chien Andelau" but "Un Chien Andalous" directed by Bunuel and the great Salvatore Dali, it' s a dadaist film.
As a matter of fact I just watched it, massive Dali fan here by the way. ;)

The_Sheik posted on Apr 7 2005 at 12:25 PM said:
Nice!!

I beg to differ (unless the s is a typo, my attempt to spell it certainly was!).
unchiena.jpg

And I'll think you'll find it's Salvador Dalí, not Salvatore :rolleyes:.

Attachments

• unchiena.jpg
    unchiena.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 155
Back