Ways Not To Have Your Thread Closed

worldwriter

Grumpy
Website
Visit site
It would seem some of the newer folks could use a quick lesson in not getting a bad reception here on the boards. Before you read this just know one thing, 95% of the people on this board have done what you have and lived to tell the tale.

1. I think this is the most important one. The search function. You have an emergency with your new expensive toy and we all know it really is critical you get good info fast so you can play the newest BOR mod but please try not to ask a question for the thousanth time. A few of you are saying under your breath, "Yes Worldwriter, sir, but the search function won't look up 3 letter words and acronyms. And my BOR mod has corrupted my nes emu!"

USE GOOGLE this is your seach query "nes bor site:www.gp32x.de"

2. Please stop telling us our handheld is dead, doesn't have the fastest arm9, is slower than whatever, etc. Please accept us as the fanboys we are. We do not care that newer devises are coming out that will steal our gp32's lunch money.
You would not go to a Harley Davison fan site and tell the regulars that japanese bikes are faster and burn less fuel. Point made.

3. Don't sell your skateboard in the marketplace section and don't sell your gp32 in the general section.

4. Yes we all know where to get every rom ever created, no we will not tell you where to get any. You will be punished for asking. and tie your shoe laces, ya punk.

5. GBA is not funtional at this moment and believe me you will know if it ever is... threads asking such are not productive and you will be visted by large men with no necks if you ask us again.

6. 128 meg Smart Media Cards. There are NO 256 SMC's, No, Flash memory won't work. Yes, someday GPlinux is almost sure to help us break the 128 limit by allowing the USB port to be used but... you might as well take that vacation cause it aint happening next week. 128 meg is you answer... sir.

7. We do not care if you are bored at school, we do not want to all repeat some nonsense word you just posted under a fake username... you will be found by ip and flogged by highly trained monkeys

8. No DOS. Ever.

9. No personal messages to any gurus in any of the sections... that is what pm's are for.

10. I'm stuck for now but feel free to add more and for the sake of all that is good stop using the plastic from cd cases as replacement glass for your gp32s!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop asking when there will be a full speed SNES emu with full sound and transparencies on the GP32. the answer is never.

No DrMD will not have 32x or Sega CD emulation.

@Worldwriter:
1-6. I agree with you. But...

7. That stuff is ok in the off-topic.

8. Never say never...

9. If its something the community may want to know about, go ahead.

10. What does it hurt you? People can mod the gp32 however they want. Its THEIR gp32.

13. How to get your thread closed:
Make this thread.

@DaveC:
11. Never say never...

12. Never say never...

EDIT: It is getting pretty bad though when someone gets all their threads locked *cough* Charga Man. Hopefully he learns his lesson.

If asking for help, Don`t post in bad boyz ghetto red nek stylie. And for gaud sake take a deep breath. Try to post your problem in a legible manner with as much information as you possibly can, So the people here that can help you can at least understand you, As we are not claire voyant and do not have x-ray vision.

Trooper

edit: and don't post stupid things then edit them to say something completely different.

the list was partially just meant to be funny or make long time people groan when they read at least one... and that last one is just a gripe of my own and not really on topic.

DaveC posted on Feb 12 2005 at 06:09 AM said:
Stop asking when there will be a full speed SNES emu with full sound and transparencies on the GP32. the answer is never.

No DrMD will not have 32x or Sega CD emulation.

or just try the damn Hoax MegaCD bios.bin jeeez :rolleyes:

Blah posted on Feb 12 2005 at 06:36 AM said:
@DaveC:
11. Never say never...

12. Never say never...

EDIT: It is getting pretty bad though when someone gets all their threads locked *cough* Charga Man. Hopefully he learns his lesson.

11. Stop asking when there will be a full speed SNES emu with full sound and transparencies on the GP32. the answer is never.

12. No DrMD will not have 32x or Sega CD emulation.

I think I can say NEVER with these and be 100% correct. ESPECIALLY #12 Come on don't be ridiculous, the GP32 can barely eek out normal Genesis emulation at a decent speed now and you think that it will be able to emulate a 32x or Sega CD with the extra CPUs in them? It will NEVER happen, it isn't magic, it is physics and it is impossible, at a decent speed PERIOD.

And don't give me that "WE thought genesis emulation was impossible at one time too" crap. That is much different.

I never said that I thought that is was possible. In fact, I agree with you that it is pretty much impossible. However, nothing has ever been accomplished by NOT TRYING. And yes, we're all tired of people begging for it to happen. But, since you don't have a time machine, you don't know if it'll never happen, and therefore you cannot say that it is impossible. Nothing is impossible :p

Wikipedia - Emulation said:
In a technical sense, the Church-Turing thesis implies that any operating environment can be emulated within any other. In practice, it can be quite difficult, particularly when the exact behaviour of the system to be emulated is not documented and has to be deduced through reverse engineering. It also says nothing about timing constraints; if the emulator does not perform as quickly as the original hardware, the emulated software may run much more slowly than it would have on the original hardware.
In other words, anything can be emulated on anything, but that doesn't mean it will be easy, or that it will operate at full speed/quality.

edit: And this is what I meant by "Never say never...", although I thought you'd infer what I meant, but no...I have to write a paragraph explaining what I mean. <_< :p :angry: :rolleyes:

Blah posted on Feb 13 2005 at 06:33 AM said:
I never said that I thought that is was possible. In fact, I agree with you that it is pretty much impossible. However, nothing has ever been accomplished by NOT TRYING. And yes, we're all tired of people begging for it to happen. But, since you don't have a time machine, you don't know if it'll never happen, and therefore you cannot say that it is impossible. Nothing is impossible  :p

In other words, anything can be emulated on anything, but that doesn't mean it will be easy, or that it will operate at full speed/quality.

edit: And this is what I meant by "Never say never...", although I thought you'd infer what I meant, but no...I have to write a paragraph explaining what I mean.  <_<  :p  :angry:  :rolleyes:

First, many things are impossible. Saying "nothing is impossible" is just plain false.

And yes it would not be totally impossible to emulate Sega CD if you don't mind it running at 1 FPS with no sound. Now you are just playing word games. I will clarify then: Sega CD and/or 32x will never be emulated on the GP32 at a PLAYABLE speed. I said in one of my posts that it wouldn't be possible at a decent speed and I stand by that comment. That is all we care about here is something playable.

I said I agree with you so stop argueing.

I never said that I thought that is was possible. In fact, I agree with you that it is pretty much impossible.

I'll clarify, too. Right now, what I mean by "possible" or "impossible", is "will happen/will never happen". So I'm not contridicting myself. In the other instances, what I meant was "hypothetically possible (but probably won't happen)".

Back