What Happened To My Mem Stick?

scazw

Website
Visit site
erm ok so ive benn using my psp for all sorts of homebrew and emus in the last couple of weeks with no problems.............

yet when i turn my psp on this afternoon

BAM!

"There Is No Memory Stick Inserted"

so what the hell happened?

ive lost everything including all of my psp gamesaves and emu savestates, everything/

ive tried to re format it in the psp but it simply does not detect it yet detects my frieds mem stick?

tried to reformat it with my card reader and that jus does not seem to detect the card either (my friends psp did not detect it either)

ok so i would be happy if someone could shine some light on this?

thanx
~Scazw

Squidge posted on Jul 6 2005 at 11:20 PM said:
If neither the psp or a card reader even detects it, then it seems like it's dead, jim.

aw crep

ive only had it for about a week and i have no other mem stick dammit. it was a 512 one as well

bugger

Last edited by a moderator:
scazw posted on Jul 6 2005 at 07:22 PM said:
If neither the psp or a card reader even detects it, then it seems like it's dead, jim.

aw crep

ive only had it for about a week and i have no other mem stick dammit. it was a 512 one as well

bugger
What brand, so I know to avoid it...

:)

speaking of brands, I came across an article the other day... I can't for the life of me remember where this was.

But they tested the Sony MS Pro Duo's vs. the Sandisk Pro Duo's, and even tested the new Sony High Speed Pro Duo's. They tested how long it took to write like a 100mb file to each one, and out of all three, the Sandisk was considerably faster, even than the Sony High Speed.

I think it was at one of the PSP hacker sites but I'm not sure.

Kinda funny considering the Sony stick costs more.

I've been using a Sandisk since december and have had no problems.

Yeah, I saw that article. It was on Gamespot Hardware, but I'm too lazy to find the link right now.

Thing is... my brother has a Sandisk 256mb mem stick. Then thing works fine in the PSP and things can be transfer over USB connection between PC-PSP. However, I put the thing in my reader (which reads/writes both our Sony sticks that came with the Value Pack perfectly) and it doesn't even see that there's a stick in.

Suggestions? Should it just be formatted on Windows or something? I run Win2000 Pro, by the way.

I've heard from other ppl that their memory stick got killed when having homebrew running and then turned it of to sleep mode, instead of going back to the main menu. I don't wanna make anyone worried cause it may not be true at all.

I haven't had any problem with emulation on sleepmode.

scazw posted on Jul 7 2005 at 12:22 AM said:

aw crep

bugger

Send it back, if you bought it new, you have a 12 month warranty.

Timpas posted on Jul 7 2005 at 08:23 AM said:
I've heard from other ppl that their memory stick got killed when having homebrew running and then turned it of to sleep mode, instead of going back to the main menu. I don't wanna make anyone worried cause it may not be true at all.

I haven't had any problem with emulation on sleepmode.

oh poo i think thats what i did dammit :(

Squidge posted on Jul 7 2005 at 08:29 AM said:
scazw posted on Jul 7 2005 at 12:22 AM said:

aw crep

bugger

Send it back, if you bought it new, you have a 12 month warranty.

oh yeah

:D thanx squidge :D

Back