Got My Game Boy Micro Today

DaveC posted on Sep 21 2005 at 12:02 AM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 17 2005 at 02:41 PM said:
before i start, im a sony man. there. got my bias outta the way :)

ok, so one thing is for certain; the screen res. IS the best so far, but WAIT! dont pull out your rpgs just yet people, because the fucking screen is micro along with the system. honestly, it's too small to read text, but the res and color are nice.

Actually the screen res is the SAME as a GBA at 240 x 160. I think you mean *sharpness* is the best which is due to the pixel size being so small. There is a difference.
ok whatever. sharpness then :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard the current SP models have been replaced with backlit ones. Not sure if many people has seen it but I know some of you may have seen it at stores or heard about such rumor. It seems there's 2 options when hitting the lighting button, regular brightness, and super ultra brightness mode but no option to turn off the lighting. It also seems the 2nd brightness mode is brighter than the DS's backlight and maybe even the micro or about the same.

I don't know but GBM I guess is good for people who really want an ultra tiny Game Boy but I think the price is too high even though aalot of people seem to be willing to pay $100+ for one. I don't know but I would get rather one of the newer backlit SPs because I think it is portable enoug hto fit easily into your pocket and is backwards compatible with older GB titles. Of course I have DS so I probably won't be getting one, but I mean if I had to choose from one.

I thought I would let all those unaware know about this as it's been unannounced by Nintendo and the fact that not alot of people were aware of this.

havent heard or seen any evidence of this but I dont think I'd be supprised if it's true, I mean it's not like turning the light off helps much.... well except for saving battery life in a situation where you cant go into sleep mode.

Thomas Dequinas posted on Sep 21 2005 at 11:25 PM said:
I heard the current SP models have been replaced with backlit ones. Not sure if many people has seen it but I know some of you may have seen it at stores or heard about such rumor. It seems there's 2 options when hitting the lighting button, regular brightness, and super ultra brightness mode but no option to turn off the lighting. It also seems the 2nd brightness mode is brighter than the DS's backlight and maybe even the micro or about the same.

I don't know but GBM I guess is good for people who really want an ultra tiny Game Boy but I think the price is too high even though aalot of people seem to be willing to pay $100+ for one. I don't know but I would get rather one of the newer backlit SPs because I think it is portable enoug hto fit easily into your pocket and is backwards compatible with older GB titles. Of course I have DS so I probably won't be getting one, but I mean if I had to choose from one.

I thought I would let all those unaware know about this as it's been unannounced by Nintendo and the fact that not alot of people were aware of this.

Yeah, I'd rather have an SP too because not only can you actually read the text you need too, but the screen is also protected because it folds up. I don't see why they made the gameboy micro at all. It seems like just another excuse to overcharge for old technology.

Yo, daclassic... you have an SP, right? If not, I know you definitely have a regular gameboy... could you post a few pictures of the SP and micro next to each other from different angles so i can see exactly how big it is? I could be wrong, but the micro doesn't really look that much smaller. In fact, I thought it looked almost the same area(as an SP, not a regular gameboy), but with different dimensions... I could be wrong though.

Thomas Dequinas posted on Sep 21 2005 at 07:25 PM said:

http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/652/652641p1.html

Back