Got My Game Boy Micro Today

daclassicgamingmaster

It Is Your Birthday.
Website
krispf3.blogspot.com
before i start, im a sony man. there. got my bias outta the way :)

ok, so the postman came today with my gb micro famicom edition today, and I would like to share my thoughts and opinions with you guys. before i start, i just want to state these are my OPINIONS, so lets keep this topic clean. i have no patience for fucking fanboys coming on to say im wrong and they're right. just read, and post your opinions if you want. :ph34r:

ok, so one thing is for certain; the screen res. IS the best so far, but WAIT! dont pull out your rpgs just yet people, because the fucking screen is micro along with the system. honestly, it's too small to read text, but the res and color are nice.

next, the design is pretty awesome, but (and this address is to all the nintendo bitches who laugh b/c the psp is apt to breaking if dropped)....the thing is very delicate and will most likely break if dropped. it's awfully small, so dont think you wont drop it. ;)

the controls arent all that bad, and i like how the start and select buttons light up blue when charging and red while playing.

finall, teh fact that it isnt backwards compatible is quite annoying, as i only have about 4 gba games...oh well

All in all, hot looking system, but if it does OK on the market, the only reason will be because of the hotn3ss design, and the fanboys staying loyal through thick and thin.
I dont recommend this system for casual play-just stick with the SP, or in my case gp32_console or meh psp. for 100$ US dollars, it simply isnt worth it for the hardkor game boy gamer B)

hoped this kinda-sorta review helped. i tried to be objective and help you guys out if you were a fence-sitter unsure to buy or not.

shinneri posted on Sep 17 2005 at 10:52 AM said:
Cool. I plan on getting one though I think that price is kind of outrageous for what you get..

Nice review. :)

the price IS outrageous. 100$$ US for something that easily can break and isnt backwards compatible. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I also got mine today and agree with all the things you said but you did miss the fact that it's the best gameboy for the controls. Its fits so well in the hand and the oversized buttons are great. I always found the sp difficult for extended play. The original gba was the best until today. Great system but the screen maybe a little small. But it may mean i just have to get used to it.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 17 2005 at 10:58 AM said:
shinneri posted on Sep 17 2005 at 10:52 AM said:
Cool. I plan on getting one though I think that price is kind of outrageous for what you get..

Nice review. :)

the price IS outrageous. 100$$ US for something that easily can break and isnt backwards compatible. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

...And old technology that's already been repackaged and resold for the price of $100... and this is at least 2 years later.

Just like I said, I knew the scree would be too small for some games, which RPGs have you tried out to test the legibility of the words?

I wonder if that will effect future game production, maybe force them to make text larger or make games with less reading involved.

joshadams posted on Sep 17 2005 at 11:15 AM said:
I also got mine today and agree with all the things you said but you did miss the fact that it's the best gameboy for the controls. Its fits so well in the hand and the oversized buttons are great. I always found the sp difficult for extended play. The original gba was the best until today. Great system but the screen maybe a little small. But it may mean i just have to get used to it.
wtf are you talking about??!?!? extended use with this thing will make hy fucking hand fall off. this is especially true for people with larger hands.
lets put it simply; the cute thing isnt for everybody, and before people look into the system, they MUST try it out first. i think thats fair enough :)

Jarska333 posted on Sep 17 2005 at 12:58 PM said:
So it does not play GB/GBC games? :blink: :angry: :( :lol: <_<
nope. my sentiments exactly ;)

Alpha2 posted on Sep 17 2005 at 02:44 PM said:
which RPGs have you tried out to test the legibility of the words?
my friend's copy of fire emblem and fire emblem 2 (wanted to try out 2 anyhow B) )

Honestly, I haven't used my GBA for a GBC/GB game pretty much since I just got the original GBA (2001), so I'm not too bothered by no backwards compatibility.

I really think the thing should come bundled with the Play-yan, though. Then the price would be more than justified.

what rpg did you play that you seriously couldn't read the text?? That sux!!

I tried playing DKC on it at E3 and yeah, it was tiny, i dont recall seeing any text but I had a feeling it would be hard to read.

Think I'll stick with my SP thx!

Quiest posted on Sep 20 2005 at 04:45 PM said:
I`ll maybe gonna get one when the prize is down to half of that...
50 US for a micro? be prepared to wait years on end. remember, nintendo thinks the 100$ now is cheap :lol:

joshadams posted on Sep 17 2005 at 10:15 AM said:
Um, first of all, I saw DCGM's micro, the screen isn't small, its friggen tiny. Try reading text on it. Its so damn small. And for me, i have 30/20 vision, so i couldn't even read it. And the butons aren't much bigger then the older buttons, they just look bigger in comparison to the system/buttons, so you think they are bigger. Just my 2¢.

bast525 posted on Sep 20 2005 at 03:24 AM said:
what rpg did you play that you seriously couldn't read the text?? That sux!!

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 17 2005 at 04:04 PM said:
Alpha2 posted on Sep 17 2005 at 02:44 PM said:
which RPGs have you tried out to test the legibility of the words?
my friend's copy of fire emblem and fire emblem 2 (wanted to try out 2 anyhow B) )

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 17 2005 at 02:41 PM said:
before i start, im a sony man. there. got my bias outta the way :)

ok, so one thing is for certain; the screen res. IS the best so far, but WAIT! dont pull out your rpgs just yet people, because the fucking screen is micro along with the system. honestly, it's too small to read text, but the res and color are nice.

Actually the screen res is the SAME as a GBA at 240 x 160. I think you mean *sharpness* is the best which is due to the pixel size being so small. There is a difference.

I got mine on the 13th. I bought it for $140, imported mind you.

100_9079.jpg

edit: i can't see the img..?

Attachments

• 100_9079.jpg
    100_9079.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 135
Back