What Games Have You Finished on the Pandora ?

Does the ginge version of cave story run better? I think thats the one I played.
Yes - the Ginge version runs at full speed with no slowdowns on my CC Pandora. The NxEngine version runs very slowly indeed by comparison.

D.

7 graphically gorgeous, real time battles
I only did the 7 in Ultima and this is really one of the best RPG i have ever played. There's a whole world being simulated, you can steal stuff everywhere, but people REACT to it if they see you, there's realtime weather / night / day effects, etc... it's extremely impressive what they did with the tech they had at that time!  

Plus, the story is excellent. 

Finished Final Fantasy VII and Out Of This World (SNES) on mine.

PSX: Grandia
What did you think of Grandia ?
The fighting system is my favourite turn based one and the graphics were nice to look at, otherwise:

Annoyingly long, bad dialogues, flimsy characters, no immersion, unpractical camera angle (you have to rotate all the time).

I liked the second one way more (still have it for PC).

Last edited by a moderator:
not much already...

FinalFantasy VII

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Valkyria Chronicles II

The fighting system is my favourite turn based one
Sorry to ask more questions, but what makes its fighting system unique compared to other turn based ones?
You can move around the field and use positioning and between turn timing to your advantage including hitting the enemy while he attacks someone to cancel or counter his attack with the right timing, I don't know another RPG-series where this is possible.

It makes it more tactical, although this offers more possibilities in the second game due to real 3D.

Valkyria Chronicles II
Nice, on PPSSPP I guess? How many hours to complete it?  
well, I've finished that game a long time ago but I'm still hunting a few collectibles, and It seems I still have missed one paid mission, but all the rest is completed with an A grade...

at this point I'm 138hours in...

at this point I'm 138hours in...
Wow, that's a lot. Did you get any crash with PPSSPP by the way ?  
not a single crash with this game, it play wonderfully and only a few effects bring fps down... (the worst by far being any mortar explosion...)

edit: and yes I love getting most of the thing achievable... without going to far of course... I've finished all mission in legend of heroes to, not just the main story

• Fury of the Furries (on pyramid levels, stuck on a level with a huge acid pool that's impossible to jump over, and there's no green furry :( )
I think you are supposed to run straight over the acid pool without jumping and wind carries you over.
I see, I tried crossing many times but I guess I didn't try that. Didn't notice any hints which suggested that either.
It's not much of a hint, but you can see that the wind is blowing, because the sand particles in the air are moving. Or maybe you can't see it on Pandora because it's too dark ?
Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade (ScummVM) - the boxing parts were difficult without keypad
What do you mean exactly ?
There are fighting parts in the game - using boxing. You can avoid almost all of them, but you need to choose the right dialog options and in some cases you need to have the correct items with you (or on you :) ).Anyway, the fighting controls are something like this: 7,4,1 - high, middle, low punch, 8,5,2 - high, middle, low block, 9,6,3 - back away.

Without keypad the controls make it difficult to win the fights.

Anyway, the fighting controls are something like this: 7,4,1 - high, middle, low punch, 8,5,2 - high, middle, low block, 9,6,3 - back away. Without keypad the controls make it difficult to win the fights.
I get it. Looks very hard indeed! Would it work if you connect these USB number-only keypads on the Pandora USB port ? 

Anyway, the fighting controls are something like this: 7,4,1 - high, middle, low punch, 8,5,2 - high, middle, low block, 9,6,3 - back away. Without keypad the controls make it difficult to win the fights.
 I get it. Looks very hard indeed! Would it work if you connect these USB number-only keypads on the Pandora USB port ?
Maybe, but unless it uses USB2, you would also need a hub or a reduction to mini-usb. And whichever the case, it's not really a portable gaming.

I can't remember the name, but it has a guy who jumps around and catches butterflies.  

I would have completed Blocks of the Undead on my Pandora if the last level wasn't impossible.  I might try it from the beginning again if there is a way to get more than one move for that level.

There might be some others I have completed, but I haven't had much game time lately.

VVVVVV and am working my way through Cave Story:)

Ah but did you get all the Shiny Trinkets?

I did finish VVVVVV on the Pandora from start to finish, all 20 trikets, Veni Vidi Vici and all.   :)

success.jpg

Did finish Aquaventure, not too hard but very enjoyable game that.

I haven't yet finished my own game, Rescue.  If only I hadn't been such a fuck-knuckle with making the last part of the level too annoying and difficult.  But, it can be done!

Aw excellent question. on my profile I have actually posted all the games I have completed on the Pandora but I can list them here (I guess I kind of got busy on the Pandora):

NES:
Super Mario Bros.

Ghosts N Goblins (3 cycles x3 difficulty)

Mega Man 6

GBC:

Wario Land 3 (100%)
Bomberman Pocket

Rayman 2 Forever

GBA:
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow + Julius Mode

Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance (200%)
Castlevania Circle of the moon (100%)

Super Mario Bros 4 (All coins + All exits)

NDS:

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow + Julius Mode

PSX:

Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories

Mega Man 8

Crash Bandicoot 1 (both endings)
Crash Bandicoot 2 (100%)

Crash Bandicoot 3 (incomplete)

Spyro

Castlevania Symphony of the Night 200.6%

Mega Man Legends

Mega Man 8 again (40 bolts)

Misadventures of Tron Bonne (Kind of)

I am currently working on Mega Man Legends 2. It is a darn good game so far and a worthy sequel.

My list of games is long... Not to long who I want. but long. From NES to PSX. I don't start playing another game without ending one. except some games lunch break arcades like Twinkle Star Sprites (NeoGeo) or some puzzles. Now I'm to sad to play something without my Pandy. I miss so much... s/2

To find a random game of any console. I use this site: http://s3kr.it/gauntlet.html

MarTinazzI, rafael.​
Thank you for posting this! It is now a new tool for me as well :)

Oids

Rick Dangerous

Rick Dangerous 2

Tekken 3

Some Spectrum game.
Impressive! Rick Dangerous is a tricky game.

Back