What Games Have You Finished on the Pandora ?

The Pandora is being quite helpful in my quest to beat all the Metroid games.

Finished so far:

Metroid Fusion

Metroid: Zero Mission

In progress:

Metroid Prime: Hunters - though I'm having problems with the controls. It's much better on the Pandora than a PC though.

Metroid II - it's annoying without a map, but I don't want to see the entire game layed out before me either.

Finished Ultima 7!

When I was young, this was my minecraft. I'd use the cheat mode to build and move stuff, I'd build a house, make NPCs do stuff, etc. Sometimes I'd try to get into the game, but I never got very far.
Playing it straight was a different experience. It was more straightforward than I expected. A few quests require a little bit of thinking, but most of them are just about talking to everyone until the quest is resolved, and when they aren't what you're expected to do is often pretty clear. The main quest is just a pretext to travel all around the world, but somehow it works. Combat plays a minor role, and the dungeons are pretty limited (which is a good thing because they're not very interesting) and the game focuses (in my opinion) on exploration, which is good because it's where it shines. Going to a new place and walking around (well, flying once you get the magic carpet, which is very useful) is always interesting.

The whole "living world" and the many interaction options that I've had so much fun with when I was younger have surprisingly little impact on the gameplay. You can play through the whole game without baking bread, forging a sword, painting or filling a bucket with beer. But even if you don't have to, the fact that you can do it, and that everything is there, along with the NPC schedule, make the world more lively and interesting. It's similar to how the thousands of useless items and interactions in Dreamweb reinforce the immersion.

The story is pretty basic, but some of the writing is really good and some of the themes are interesting.

What's surprising is that I can't really find anything that make this game so outstanding and yet it is. I'm glad I got back to it. Exult on the Pandora worked pretty well, though I had to save often because it often froze when in dungeons and/or during fights. I also had trouble with my left nub acting weird, so I had to switch mouse movement and mouse buttons on the nubs.

I'll probably play Part 2 soon, but I'll probably move to something with a little more action before that.

Finished Ultima 7!

Wow, very impressed that you did it on the Pandora from start to end! it's a very long game :)  
And I agree with what you have to say about it - this was one of the most advanced games of its time (and still is, in many regards, unrivaled to this day). 
By the way did you report any of the bugs you found to the Exult team ? 

I wonder why i ditnt wrote something in this thread..

As far as i can remember, i finished only a few Games on Pandora

From the original GB, it was Super Mario Land and Turtles Fall of the Footclan (boot my 2 favered from back in the days)

And from Scummvm, i finished Day of the Tentakle, which i realy enjoied

From the GBA, i finished the campaign of Alien Homonid at easy level, also a funny game..

It wasnt that much i wantet, but im also not that good in playing games..

Mybe whit the Pyra, and its better hardware, it should be much more...

@ekianjo: I play in the train to/from work, so I've got about 1 hour every workday. I've also used and abused moongates and flying carpet to travel quickly around the world.

I didn't report the problems to the Exult team, since I couldn't be sure which were related to Exult and which were related to the port (plus the port I used wasn't based on the latest version of Exult).

Coming to this thread a bit late, but last year/so far this year have been very good for me and my pandora, finished games include:

Doom, Doom 2, Crash Bandicoot 1, Magic Carpet (way ahead of its time for PS1), Earthbound, MDK, Heretic, Hexen (I like my doom clones), and Colony wars 1.

I'm currently working on Crash Bandicoot 2, and Chrono Trigger.

Bonus: Check out "Total Carnage" for the SNES, it's fun, and a precient reminder of our politics.

Back