What games did you play last night?

I bought infinite undiscovery for a friend recently as its his preferred type of game but it's not my cup of tea personally.

I started enjoying Battle for Wesnoth recently, also I'm on a quest to finish Zelda: Oracle of Ages, 5 minutes at a time :)

Watched a video review of infinite undiscovery earlier as the name sounded familiar. Like the real time combat aspects and the straying from very dull elemental formula but they made it sound like it was a chore of a menu system and a blander story than some prior Square Enix games. I wish personally they had expanded on the Vagrant Story engine myself. Did you ever play that on PS1 Evil Dragon and if so, any thoughts on its presentation or overall?

I have Vagrant Story on my PS1, but didn't play it yet :)

I've got a lot of PS1 games I didn't have time to play, but now I'm playing them when on-the-go with my Pandora, which is awesome :)

I have Vagrant Story on my PS1, but didn't play it yet :)

I've got a lot of PS1 games I didn't have time to play, but now I'm playing them when on-the-go with my Pandora, which is awesome :)
It's true enough sometimes we buy more than we can play and hope we will eventually finish them.Currently got 5 360 games to get through and there's a flood more being released.

Well, I bought all PSX RPGs when they have been released, as history told me, that some are impossible to get after a few years :)

It's easier now, with gaming consoles way more popular.

Thanks for your replies ED and I hope you will enjoy Vagrant Story one day, as the presentation at the least, is very different to games of that time and it has a kind of breathing, living, graphic novel feel to the stories cut scenes, even when its paused, its somehow alive. The combat system was also pretty unique, the beastiary was novel and it seemed to expand upon the elemental areas in fresher ways than many games.

I'd agree in the grabbing games when you can as sometimes the classics just aren't available anymore and it gets to ridiculous costs to track them down. At the same time the volume of time needed to get through such a back catalog, whilst also revelling in older titles making their way to Pandora (which has a vast library of games already :) ) can sometimes feel a little daunting, rather than as enjoyable as it should be. Or am I the only one feeling guilty enjoying one game, whilst others are also screaming for attention in my subconscious? Yeah it's just me. Time to change medications :)

It's true enough sometimes we buy more than we can play and hope we will eventually finish them.Currently got 5 360 games to get through and there's a flood more being released.

lol, I read that as 5360 games ... O.O

even at a bargain $30 each, that would have been over $150,000

lol, I read that as 5360 games ... O.O

even at a bargain $30 each, that would have been over $150,000
LoL That would be mental.Ive spent alot of money on games and game systems over the years but id have to be immortal to have the time to blow that much money.

Civilization IV multiplayer (yes, this takes a long long time to do, but I got a Civ IV server up in my basement.. anyone want in? A Gp32x/OPBoard Civ game? :p )

Also SMACpack (Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri .. GoG has it up for like $5 :)

jeff

Back