The Last Meal You Made

Last edited by a moderator:
Being Lebanese, I had some basic Lebanese food :)

Grape Leaves, Kibby, and Tabouli. That's about as basic Lebanese you can get :)

Being Lebanese, I had some basic Lebanese food :)

Grape Leaves, Kibby, and Tabouli. That's about as basic Lebanese you can get :)
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are a friggin disgrace to arabs, unless some guy stole your password in the other thread! :eek: :huh: ;) :unsure: :lol:

Let's have recipes from other countries! Or basic food ideas like this...

Thanks...

Grape Leaves have mixed reactions, but there eaten a lot of places around the Mediterranean Sea with several variations.

Grape leaves are an aquired taste. My mother loves them, but I dont :lol:

We're american btw.

I'm american, but 25% Lebanese (I'm still really white because of the 40% German <_< )
Ok, I take it back. :)

I should also add that i'm 25% Irish :lol: (so i'm a meat and potatoes kind of guy too) . I'm also around 3% Native american :D , I don't even know what tribe though <_<

I ate grape leaves when I was little, I loved them. I never had the occasion to at some since. :(

- Alex

Grape Leaves have mixed reactions, but there eaten a lot of places around the Mediterranean Sea with several variations.

We're american btw.

I'm american, but 25% Lebanese (I'm still really white because of the 40% German <_< )

I should also add that i'm 25% Irish :lol: (so i'm a meat and potatoes kind of guy too) . I'm also around 3% Native american :D , I don't even know what tribe though <_<
How can you possibly account for the 3% native american? Are you sure you're not just making that up to sound unique? You would have to go back in your family time line almost 300 years in order to find someone that was originally half native american, which would mean that you could have descended from the native american tribes from around the time the pilgrims came over... and there weren't a lot of lebanese people on those boats if my memory serves me...

We're american btw.

How can you possibly account for the 3% native american? Are you sure you're not just making that up to sound unique? You would have to go back in your family time line almost 300 years in order to find someone that was originally half native american, which would mean that you could have descended from the native american tribes from around the time the pilgrims came over... and there weren't a lot of lebanese people on those boats if my memory serves me...

I'm pretty sure I'm around 3% , or 7%. Were not entirely sure because my grandpa doesn't like to talk about it ( he's 90 in 1 month, so it's bad to be Native American in his time)

My great grandpa and grandma were the ones who came from Lebanon, the Native American gets thrown in there on the German side.

Nobody has any idea how much Native American runs in my family, really. Originally, we thought I was 1/32 Cherokee, but my grandma kept doing research and now they've got me clear up to a little over an eighth (almost 19%, if you factor in everything). It's all on my mother's side of the family, and I don't think anybody actually knows how much Native American is in my family.

Oh yeah, and my Cherokee is the other Cherokee, not the actual Cherokee. It's called Western Cherokee.

Some might say back in the day we were the smart Cherokees, others may say we were the weak Cherokees. It all depends on how you look at it. The Western Cherokees were the ones who could see what was coming from the US government and got out of the eastern US plenty of time before the rest of the Cherokees were forced out on the Trail of Tears. As a result, the tribe split up into Cherokee and Western Cherokee, which is kind of funny, because the Western Cherokee Nation ended up in Arkansas and Missouri, while the other Cherokee Nation ended up in Oklahoma, which is west of the other.

There is major dish that my mom makes called "dolma" which consist of a mixture of rice and slight bits of meat and vegetables wrapped in grape leaves....Delicious!!!!!!!!!! :D

There is major dish that my mom makes called "dolma" which consist of a mixture of rice and slight bits of meat and vegetables wrapped in grape leaves....Delicious!!!!!!!!!! :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grape_leaves

Dolma can be a lot of things, grape leaves are a variants of dolma.

So Jmetal, do you get free college because your an eigth-ish? Because a 32nd doesn't get free college, and as far as we know I'm a 32nd.

Back