The Last Meal You Made

I have discovered (fuck Jamie Oliver!) that you can boil pasta or gnocchi (my current fav!), and then stick stuff in, like chopped tomatoes and ripped cold meets.

It's a quick dish. I love toms, capers and salami. And instead of salt, just use good powdered stock. Throw in some feta cheese or olives....

I know that olive spread, I buy it a lot. It flavours anything, and can be used on toast. But I make my own sometimes. I use a garlic presser and put the olives through it, with garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper etc. Lots of olive oil, and it goes so well with spaghetti.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last meal I made was baked aubergine and mozzarella. Last meal I had was a chicken and aubergine grinder.

I like aubergine lol.

Hello. This is the "Last Meal You Made" thread.

Last night I went to my Kitchen. I took some gnocchi, boiled them, threw in some mushrooms, garlic, coriander paste, tomatoes, Chicken powder stock and some mozzarella.

Well, it was great!

So, what was your last meal? Children, it's over to you....

That sounds nice! I'll have to try that some time.

The last meal I *made* was a pizza, but I burnt it, so the meal before that was:

1 tin of ASDA cheapo chile con carne (about 50 odd UK pence) and two baked potatoes (about 35 pence in this rip-off country [1]).

Oh, and the pizza was a '3 for 3 pounds' ASDA pizza!

Yes, I'm that poor... :(

[1] No farm shops around here so I've got to pay the stupid townie Newcastle prices...

I had an arab dish similar to pizza that is basically flatbread dough with sauce(mixed with the meat)and no cheese on top.
Lahmacun?
Oh that must derive from the arabic phrase "lahm-ib-ajeen"(meat on dough). Yeah, translations don't make too much sense in English, but I guess that is the dish.
I just checked wikipedia, and it looks like I am right. :)

Apparently Lahmacun is a turkish deriative of the arabian "lahm ala adsheen". The turks have many fastfood restaurants in germany, which is why i never eat at Mcdonalds. Even if that means i smell a bit nonconformistic at times :wacko:

I made tagliatelle carbonara, and here's how:

Ingredients
Single Cream
Smoked Streaky Bacon
Mushrooms
Garlic
Knorr Chicken Stock Cubes
Fresh carbonara Pasta

Method
Cut the bacon into strips and place in pan on low heat until cooked
Add chicken stock cubes and stir with bacon.
Chop up garlic and mushrooms and add to bacon and Stock.
Add single cream to the above.
Cook Pasta, it only takes a min or so as it's fresh, then drain and add to the bacon etc.
Simmer for 20 mins or so and there you go :)

And believe me, it's delicious!

No eggs in a carbonara! Excellent.

But I love just boiling pasta and stirring in some whipped up eggs. They cook in the heat from the pasta and taste great!

No eggs in a carbonara! Excellent.

But I love just boiling pasta and stirring in some whipped up eggs. They cook in the heat from the pasta and taste great!
I don;t know why but I never really liked eggs. I can live without them, whereas some people are like addicted :huh:

Back