What game series/character would you like resurrected?

Commando

Day of the tentacle 2

Unreal tounament 

And I wouldf really lika a Battlefield 4 game in the Warhammer 40k universe.

Commando

Day of the tentacle 2

Unreal tounament 

And I wouldf really lika a Battlefield 4 game in the Warhammer 40k universe.
+1 on DoTT 2 (can't wait for the HD remake that's in the works)

Last edited by a moderator:
Before Dreamfall Chapters appeared I would have said The Longest Journey/Dreamfall

I'd like to see another Advent Rising. The first one was pretty fun and ended on a cliffhanger.

Syndicate/Syndicate Wars is also getting its resurrection with Satellite Reign, I hope it'll be good enough.

When I think about it, there aren't actually many series/characters that I got very attached to. There are some game mechanics/atmosphere or some kind of games I'd like to see more of, but not so many specific series or characters.

I have been avoiding this thread so that I wouldn't get sucked in and lose hours looking at old games I think could be brought back.

I want new and good "Commander Keen" games.  :)
Definitely.

Mother

Perfect Dark (I don't accept the prequel, and refuse to play it since it requires an xbox)

Adventures of Lolo

I don't know if it is actually dead yet, but recent Metroid games haven't been like the games they started out with.  I do really like the Metroid Prime series, though.

yeah, nice. although it seems I have no bullets, but I can jump. controls are fine.

Adventures of Lolo is like the longest running series ever anyway, isn't it? Could you really do anything with it that isn't already covered or becomes "something else"?

I want new and good "Commander Keen" games.  :)
Definitely.
Have you guys seen this?http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=45748.msg1101954#msg1101954

I've not tried it, so can't say if it's "good" or not though
I more think onto an modern approach, not that retro style. However, I would like to see some "Keen 4" inspired iso-perspective-style of the game, could be made in 3D but still use this classic perspective and maybe even the limited retro palette. :)

Adventures of Lolo is like the longest running series ever anyway, isn't it? Could you really do anything with it that isn't already covered or becomes "something else"?
What do you mean?  There are only a few Lolo games.  It wouldn't be difficult to make tons more puzzles (maybe there is a fan community that has done this, I never looked).  It can even be expanded upon in a few minor ways and still remain true to the original idea and feel.

the good old stg doesnt get the love it deserves these days, whereas in the 80s developers had freedom to be original and the shear volume of orignal titles of the 80's90's has dried up with companies taking the safer tried and tested franchise route id like to see a new gradius rtype blazing star game

What do you mean?  There are only a few Lolo games.  It wouldn't be difficult to make tons more puzzles (maybe there is a fan community that has done this, I never looked).  It can even be expanded upon in a few minor ways and still remain true to the original idea and feel.
Seven, if I remember the HG101 article correctly. Many of them with level editors. But not any recently, that is true.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/eggerland/eggerland.htm

9 different games and one port, apparently :D

I need to read that at some point.  I think I have only played 3, and knew of a fourth, but those were all on Nintendo consoles.

Heavy Metal: F.A.K.K.² needs a successor, if only to annoy some specific social current. :p

It was a great Q3-Engine game though, I recommend it.

Back