What Do You Drive?

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
Not sure if this has been done before, but i'd be interested in hearing what other board members drive (or family car) and what they think of it, do we have any classic car fans here?

I myself have a 1965 Cadillac Deville Convertible which has been a 2 year restoration job and is almost finished! (You can see it in the treamcast review) I've found the car to be amazing for its age, power steering, power breaks, electric seats/windows/ariel/roof/trunk (and more), loads of power and is a blast to drive on sunny days.

So far the car has cost me about £7500 - about as much as a new basic car, but 100 x the fun! Been a great experience.

So, what do you guys drive / get driven around in?

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Audi A4 2.5 v6 TDI SE
gets me from A to B

or the pig when shes in for a service

mattmagoo posted on Jul 22 2004 at 09:25 PM said:
a Vauxhall Corsa with a bloody annoying bloke sitting next to me telling me how to get round a fucking roundabout
Yeah, keeps telling me that I should stop at lights and such. It's just being picky.

Last edited by a moderator:
The members of Gp32x crazy!!1111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arn't I Fun4y!!!!!!!!!!

craigix posted on Jul 22 2004 at 08:17 PM said:
Not sure if this has been done before, but i'd be interested in hearing what other board members drive (or family car) and what they think of it, do we have any classic car fans here?

I myself have a 1965 Cadillac Deville Convertible which has been a 2 year restoration job and is almost finished! (You can see it in the treamcast review) I've found the car to be amazing for its age, power steering, power breaks, electric seats/windows/ariel/roof/trunk (and more), loads of power and is a blast to drive on sunny days.

So far the car has cost me about £7500 - about as much as a new basic car, but 100 x the fun! Been a great experience.

So, what do you guys drive / get driven around in?

-Craig

www.gbax.com
Yeah, I saw your car in the treamcast review I think. Nice :D.

I have an x reg black 1.2 fiesta. Hardly vintage but it's nice for a first car :).

1999 Toyota Corolla. Excellent gas mileage, excellent lifespan, excellent features (came with power steering, power doors and windows, etc.), excellent condition, excellent reviews. Looks like any average car, nothing spectactular, and it's a hideous tan colour. But I'm one of those types of people who doesn't care about superficial appearances. Even my computer cases mostly look like crap, trading functionality for appearance yet again.

Perhaps it's all subconscious, as I think to myself that better brains were given to me instead of better looks :D

My Dad has a BMW 320i Tourer with a 6 Cylinder, 24Valve, variable valve timing Engine (Its so big the 12V battery has to go in the Boot lol)

My Mum has a Ford Maverick 2.7 TD Intercool

My Brother Will have a Scooter soon

I have a Rover Metro 1.1S... Quite a Good car for a first car, Fitted a Golf GTI twin Rear exhaust to it and it sounds like a beast :p... Only thing is, I need to rub the rust down and fill the holes in with body filler and then Re Spray it :D

If u want pics let me know :D (I got a Wav file of what the Exhaust sounds like on the Metro as well that I can host if you want B) )

Dozer posted on Jul 23 2004 at 01:04 PM said:
generalnmx posted on Jul 23 2004 at 04:04 AM said:
(came with power steering, power doors and windows, etc.)
What the hell are power doors? :blink:
maybe you press a button and the door opens liek a electric boot thing

Yeah power doors open and close themselves, mercedies have them and some other cars.

I like cars with strange options, I once saw a mercedies which put the seatbelts on for you, talk about lazy.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Back