What Are Your Views On "the Scene"?

Yeah you are right Nova this whole site does justify Piracy (in some ways - before I get flamed by a mod).

The reason I said "Friend" is because I don't actually know him well (face-to-face), hes more of just an internet buddy - Anywayz he could be lying I just believe him as he was able to tell me so much stuff on topsites, which would be difficult to otherwise find out, also 6mb connection is a giveaway :heh: .

:p

Hey Nova if I was you I would switch onto Bittorent, IRC, Newsgroups, Ares, Soulseek, anything but Kazaa...

PM me and I will tell you all you need to know.
MODS I DIDN'T SAY THAT.

It isn't against the rules to discuss P2P programs.

Nova: I use soulseek for MP3's, and BitTorrent for everything else. Sometimes I use the ED2K network or IRC.

It isn't against the rules to discuss P2P programs.

Nova: I use soulseek for MP3's, and BitTorrent for everything else. Sometimes I use the ED2K network or IRC.
It isn't against the rules (I fear GMX)....
Fewwwww....
----
Ahhh... yes.
Completely forgot about eMule, silly me.

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
IRC is good but fairly complex (Esp. when compared to P2P progs. like kazaa), but I prefer newsgroups...

@Nova

nice argument! I don't think I'm entirely alone when I say at least 90% of my SMC is taken up with ROMS

Nova, I told you this wasn't the thread to justify piracy. And yet you tried to do it anyway. Worse still, with an argument that goes something like 'everybody else is doing it' and 'without piracy there would be no gp32'. Come back when you have learnt something about economics and can give me some real reasons why piracy might be considered moral.

Well, although the 'everybody else is doing it' argument sucks, he does kinda have a point about the gp32. I know I would not have got one if not for emulation and the same could be said for a large proportion of the people on this board. This doesn't justify piracy, but hey, unless you only use homebrew or PD roms then you're a pirate too...

Everbody wants something for nothing

Cause you don't want to pay for it nor can you be arsed going to the shop/online store to buy buu it.
As you didn't make it, nor did you pay for it and its not yours but you took it anyways.. thats stealing..

Face it Warez exists cause we're a bunch of cheap arse lazy freeloaders.

...end of story.

Everbody wants something for nothing

Cause you don't want to pay for it nor can you be arsed going to the shop/online store to buy buu it.
As you didn't make it, nor did you pay for it and its not yours but you took it anyways.. thats stealing..

...end of story.

now thats the point i was going for. i didnt quite make it :p

everyone on this site uses warez files....
Wow, such revelations are like a NEUTRON BOMB OF SHOCK to my FACE!! I had no idea people used warez on this site, let alone because they don't want to pay for things!

Regardless of whether Nova's comments are true, they have sent this thread wildly off-topic. I warned you guys not to justify piracy in this thread, NOW LOOK WHAT HAPPENS :( Talk about the goddamn scene please.

People use Warez because we want more than we can afford - it's IMO (and in my experience) nothing to do with being a cheapo, I just do not have the money to pay for the extent of my consumption (I buy what I think is best and download what I don't buy).

But really Rico and any mod already know that lots of people here use warez (probably about 80%). The weird thing is that the whole community seems to completely deny it :blink: .
I mean I can understand not posting ROM links and so on, as this would incriminate Hando if we did this, but having to deny we have a small ammount of warez etc... is a little silly.
Somebody put me straight.

How can anyone talk about it when its so secretive we know shit all about it?

Well you don't have to if you really know nothing about it, but you probably have views on whether it is right or wrong and simple things like that (or you atleast know what I have told you).

I am OK with all of the scene apart from this part of it:
Another way files get fxp'd around is through 'hacked stro's' these are hacked pc's that are running anything from 3-50mb upload lines. They are scanned and hacked by fxp groups and then warez is fxp'd onto there. Everyone in the group gets access to the stro as they all helped to get it scanned hacked and filled.

Some warez guys did this to the guys who used to maintain teambg a couple of times and now they have permenantly closed www.teambg.com (which totally SuX as it was the best site for Baldur's gate). They had to wipe their whole server because of this and I don't htinkit was on at all.
It is OK to copy games (break copy-protection and host content IMO as it hurts the companies very little as long as you still spend your money on stuff) and stuff but to actually increase the cost of hosting to the owner so TEAMBG (as he effectively paid for their distribution costs), and waste so much of their time (reloading everything onto theTEAMBG server) is just wrong (especially as they did it twice before TEAMBG gave up).

Back