What are you playing this weekend/these days?

Currently nearly 8 hours into Aquaria, very nice game although technically badly optimized.

Just finished Alien: Isolation. Highly recommended - though I've had to get in a new supply of underwear; this game is seriously scary. I don't think I've been this scared since I snuck downstairs to watch a horror film at 2am, being 9 years old.

The Alien AI is convincing, the gameplay is tight and at times downright terrifying. It's a refreshing change not to have to rely on weaponry to get through - I ghosted pretty much all of it with the exception of a small FPS section against the androids which made a welcome break from the constant sneaking around.

For fans of the original 1979 film, I cannot recommend this game enough. Gonna look and see if I can find a trainer now so I can wander around and drink in the gorgeous environments :)

D.
I read, that you only get Ripley and the old team as a pre-orderer, is that right?

This would be the meanest pre-order-exclusive-BS ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently nearly 8 hours into Aquaria, very nice game although technically badly optimized.

Just finished Alien: Isolation. Highly recommended - though I've had to get in a new supply of underwear; this game is seriously scary. I don't think I've been this scared since I snuck downstairs to watch a horror film at 2am, being 9 years old.

The Alien AI is convincing, the gameplay is tight and at times downright terrifying. It's a refreshing change not to have to rely on weaponry to get through - I ghosted pretty much all of it with the exception of a small FPS section against the androids which made a welcome break from the constant sneaking around.

For fans of the original 1979 film, I cannot recommend this game enough. Gonna look and see if I can find a trainer now so I can wander around and drink in the gorgeous environments :)

D.
 I read, that you only get Ripley and the old team as a pre-orderer, is that right?

This would be the meanest pre-order-exclusive-BS ever.
I got both 1979 missions as DLC, and I wasn't a pre-order customer - just bought it on Steam. They're hardly worth it though, both can be finished in less than 5 minutes.

D.

659px_A_Link_Between_Worlds_Box_Art.jpg

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_A_Link_Between_Worlds

Arrived through the post earlier today, so that's why you haven't heard from me in a while. :)

This nice looking little platformer tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Ehy2CwWv0

Civilization: Beyond Earth

(which it to say, I hope to play it, in the copious free time that life delivers my way...)

jeff

Spider-Man on Dreamcast... Those days... That's what will make Pyra special.
That was just a port of the Playstation 1 game, right? Was there any other improvements in the DC versions (other than VGA support, I'd guess)?

My question leads to that you could probably play it now on PCSX Rearmed (unless the DC version has enhancements and a strong nostalgic pull for you).

Metal Gear Solid 4.

I had only played the GameBoy Color version back in the day (surprisingly it was one of the best GBC games !). I had never played any other game on the playstations.

I was quite impressed by the 1 on the original Playstation, a really nice game for a 32bit machine. I did not enjoy the 2 and liked the 3rd overall even though it as not exceptionnal. The begining of this 4th game is quite boring. I'm wondering if I should keep playing it and if it gets better after a few hours ?

I guess you are not supposed to play all these in less than a month. It highlights the weaknesses/stagnation of the new episodes compared to the 1st one.

Back