What are you playing this weekend/these days?

Sid Meier's Covert Action on DosBox the Pandora.
Simple concept, basic mini-games, but a lot of fun thanks to the "random international terrorist plot" generator and the thrill of pursuing a lead and racing against time to foil the plot (especially on harder difficulty levels)

The Witcher 2

Finally I'm able to play it (with graphic settings at max)... I also finished the first game to import it's last savegame here...
It's really well made, music are good, colors are charming, but I hate having to read subtitles during dialogues, because then I loose the faces expressions that are incredible...
I just don't like very much how the control system changed from the first game...

Elite Dangerous.

Well, that's the only game I play anyway :(

The game is nicely optimized though! It's GPU dependent I'd say, since my rig runs on a measly AMD A-series Sempron (3850, 1.3ghz) with ATi HD 6790. Oh, and mine's on Eyefinity (3640x1024 resolution).

Tomb Raider (2013) PS4 - Trying to finish this, I'm about 65%. I like it, but feels like it should long be over (too much funneling you down corridors and hitting you with wave after wave of bad guys who teleport in).

Walking Dead Season 1 PS Vita - enjoying this again (last played on PS3).

Plaing Giana's return. I am at the desert levels. (pythios desert). Getting kinda hard now.
The dynamics is not the same as GGG. For example: you slip so much getting pixel perfectness is hard.

Lately I've been playing R-Type LEO on Mame a lot (Pandora TV-out), but also C64 Canabalt, Donkey Kong Jr. and some other C64 classics and remakes.

I also like puzzle games like Super Puzzle Fighter, Landmaker, Bust a Move etc. to play with my wife so If anyone has some other good 2 player mame game tips for us please let me know.. :)

On my PC I play Eve Online (Picked it up again after a couple years break) and Quake Live.

Pew Pew!

Try Puyo Puyo - probably my favourite tetris-alike, and it seems to have a proper two-player mode.

Also, Mr Driller is my favourite not-quite-tetris-alike puzzler, at least in single player. As far as I can tell Mr Driller G has multiplayer support in the arcade version at least, though it might be a bit too late of a game for MAME on Pandora to cope with. There is a playstation port of the game, but I can't tell if that retained the two player mode. I'd have thought so, with the playstation coming with two joystick ports, but I can't find a video of it in English to check.

please let me know..
Well, you are not saying if it is versus or collaborative.

toffy is a cute boulderdash. Having to stay on the same screen at once is cause for huge yelling and fun.
dynagear is a sidescroller like wonderboy. Only one player has to play as a wolf :)
ordyne is a nice sidescrolling zany airplane shooter.
rodland is a cute ladder climbing game.
Return of Ishtar (roishtar) for an oldschool zelda like dungeon. Though too simple graphics.
And there was this '40-ties over the top doubledecker airplane climbing, nazi killing game... Ill ask how it is called.

Also, do you know: http://www.twoplayergames.org/

Because i enyoied Ace Combat 3 on Pandora PSX Emu a lot, i bought me the 3DS Game "Ace Combat Assault Horizone Legacy + for about 10 € in our Local Media Market, and also enjoied this a lot,
Its quite fun, had some 3D effekts, and supports the circle pad pro..
Im now in mission 3, and got me a new jet..
I also got me Final Fantasy Explorers, but ditnt played that much..

Back