What are you playing this weekend/these days?

I d/l FZero and Excitebike for the Wii U virtual console and been having little go on those the other night

Lazors-Features-608x300.png

http://tinyurl.com/cyry499

Been recently enjoying a few arcade classics (played a lot of Frogger) via the Compo4all/PanMAME thingie...  It's really addicting and almost recaptures the feel of the old arcades that I went to as a kid.  Seeing other forum members high scores and trying to best them - just some good-natured competition....and I'm not even losing a bucket load of quarters this time!   :)

Been recently enjoying a few arcade classics (played a lot of Frogger) via the Compo4all/PanMAME thingie...  It's really addicting and almost recaptures the feel of the old arcades that I went to as a kid.  Seeing other forum members high scores and trying to best them - just some good-natured competition....and I'm not even losing a bucket load of quarters this time!   :)
I agree completely.

This is really one of the greatest apps to ever come to the Pandora, I'm loving it almost everyday(some days I get busy and can't compete). Awesome work from all involved and I'm looking forward to all the improvements that are coming soon. Cant Wait! I'm heading off to play right now ^_^

Chris 

I finally caved, and got a Uplay account so I could get Trials Evolution Gold Edition. Not been playing a massive amount of games ATM, I'm enjoying coding the Tournament Hub ATM. Still load up FTL, Freecell and Starcraft 2 on occasion

The recent Shadow Of The Eternals announcement has sparked yet another replay of Eternal Darkness
Didn't think I'd ever say that: I want a GameCube.
Get a Wii! It's able to play GameCube games and can be found for almost nothing in secondhand websites/stores  ;)

You'll just have to get a GameCube joypad and memory card.

And Wii has a component video out, meaning you'll get a better image quality  ^_^

EDIT : And it's got a shitload of homebrew softwares!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Gamecube was a nice system, but I'm a fan of Metroid and had a blast with it. Zelda Windwaker was pretty good too. I had a handful of other games too.. I never regretted getting one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the GameCube from the off - of course getting Luigi's Mansion, Monkey Ball and Star Wars Rogue Squadron with the machine helped tremendously. And it only got better and better. I've got about 50 games for the GameCube and they are all excellent, some are my fave games of all time.

Dragons dogma dark arisen.3 hours in and its barely begun. Seems to have that capcom magic though.i really need to find some time for a long play session.

I loved the GameCube from the off - of course getting Luigi's Mansion, Monkey Ball and Star Wars Rogue Squadron with the machine helped tremendously. And it only got better and better. I've got about 50 games for the GameCube and they are all excellent, some are my fave games of all time.
I bought the NGC at launch, my starting games were Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Bloody Roar (I love that game!). I wanted Luigi's Mansion, but they were out of stock :p

I don't own that many games, but some of them are a bit special like P.N.03, Wave Race : Blue Storm and Ikaruga, great solo games!

I liked a lot playing Final Fantasy : Crystal Chronicles, Phantasy Star Online and Zelda : Four Swords with friends.

(I know, Ikaruga and Phantasy Star were ported from DC, but I could not buy one, so I'm quite happy to own the NGC versions)

I'm still buying games that I wanted back then, but couldn't afford.  :ph34r:

More on-topic :

I've recently restarted Baten Kaitos  :wub:

I now have most of my GameCube stuff working from USB HDD on the Wii - Much more convenient that popping the disc in and out and (in general) load times are quicker!

GameCube is the system I have the most games for... there were just too many "must-buys".

Back