What are you playing this weekend/these days?

So far I only know the wizard. Can't say it had one skill that puts all others to shame. I use whatever gets the most oomph from the equipment I found. Next step getting the equipment together to use, what I want - which would be chain lightning. Trying the wizard sets - I'm rather annoyed getting bombarded with those - might be fun too. I just hope I don't have to switch to using them. That'd annoy me a lot.

I've been playing a bit of Rampage (classic arcade game) with my son. Makes a lovely change from all the Mario he's been obsessed with. Although i have enjoyed checking out Mario Galaxy 2, even if i am late to the party.

I try’d some new Simulator Games that came out recently on the Nintendo Switch, one of them was Houseflipper which simulates the work of a Guy who buy pretty gross houses and clean them up and repair, and sell them whit a good +
They even have the Breaking Bad House in the Game ^^

And the „Truck and Logistics Simulator“ where you build up your Logistics Company where you first start whit an Minivan (just like I drive in real) where your can load up 1 Palette whit a Forklift (which is also a feature) and then deliver this palette, and as you get more and more money, you can buy bigger Cars like a Van (Some sort of a unlicensed Sprinter but from Ford) , or even a Semi Truck..
It’s not that good graphics on the Switch but there are some features allready that are not that bad on the Switch

Whit best regards, Matthias

Powered through Last of US Part II, I enjoyed the game as much as anyone being attacked by horrible monsters and people just as worse. Real pretty game, only complaint I have is I wish they implemented some kind of element where you had some power to change the outcome and flow of the story. Just seems like something in other games of similar scale.

Technically not a game but...

waka.png

Puzzle game for the Pico-8: Forgotten Hill

The walkthrough (Don't watch unless stuck)

Last edited:
I picked up a copy of Carrion today and played for a good 45min before I needed to get back to work. It's a very fun and very icky game that you can pick up DRM-free for PC, mac, or linux on GOG.

I'd call what some retro devs are doing atm "deliberate regression" and I usually hate the results.

The same goes for the graphics as well.
I love the Wadget Eye mario games (Gemini Rue, Primordia, etc...) but a higher res would surely improve them...
At least I can still play it which can't be said about games that are made impossibly hard again and have few to none save points (Volgarr the Viking, Risk of Rain, etc...).

On topic:
Just finished Prune and Primordia.
Currently playing Lara Croft GO (surprisingly good!) and Waking Mars (on WinXP since the Linux port is unstable as hell).

I love this game but specially unfair mario is my first love <3

I'd played to much Diablo 3 for now. Currently I play Borderlands - got myself the Legendary Collection for Switch. First time I go vault hunting. Well, I emerged from a vault once, but that was another kind of vault and a different game.
Wanna see, if I can become proficient at aiming with the controller. I was deadly in Rareware's Perfect Dark on the N64, but there I had spent days in the training sessions with all the weapon types trying to score 100% at every exercise. After days in Borderland, I'm still not sure, if the same level of deadly is doable with a Switch Pro Controller. I've gotten better, but not good, yet. I feel as if on the controllers today orientation and placement of the sticks in regards to the thumbs are all wrong. It also doesn't help, that I cannot change the controller settings to something sane in Borderlands. The most helpful in this regard was Halo on the very first XBOX. I could use one stick for moving forward/backward and look left/right and the other stick for look up/down and strafe left/right - distributing the two more sensitive axis over two sticks making it easier to fine tune my aim.

Recently got Castle Crashers in a steam sale, been playing that with my son last couple of days. Think it's great.

Similar to a game i was designing at the time... But obviously miles better than what i had at the time (which came an excuse for me to stop working on it, though i have been toying with the idea of starting it up again now)

Fun. But too many missions that are all the same. Go to x, kill/gather y
With that I can live. More annoying I find it, when I come back from place X, where the main questline had me go, to find side quests on the mission board, that'd have me go to X. Kevin aka Claptrap can reach me anywhere to tell me, that there are new missions on the board in hickstown, but my character has to physically go there to retrieve them. Nothing like the internet there it seems.

Fallout 3

I think that I have never had to reload a game so much times in a row because of crashing bugs... I am used to Elder Bugged Bethesda engines, but this time they made it to another level !! :-#
At least quests seems less broken than in Skyrim... I'm somehow at half of the game and I had to use the console only two times to recover them...

Compared to the previous Fallout games seems to me it have a little excessive sarcasm and heavy language... I mean, it was present even previously, but in this games happens very often to me, as a "good karma player", to have to choose the "less sarcastic" option in dialogs, because there are no serious ones...

I like the way it is implemented the aim-shot system without turns, but this game heavily let down hand to hand and melee fighters:
- in Fallout 1/2, with movement perks, agility and less points needed for melee attacks, you can start first, move to 4/5 enemies and break their arms in just the first turn, making them unable to use heavy guns, and giving to you all the time to finish them...
- in Fallout 3, you can use STEALTH to go near one of them, maybe killing him, then all the others sees you and you are dead... if you don't have STEALTH and they see you from distance, you are just dead.

It has anyway the Fallout feel, but without a lot of deepness and interactions... the dialog are really short and most missions are not even explained well in the quest log (or not even present at all)... also I miss the possibility to use crowbar or explosives to open doors... in this game, you need exactly the right skill at the right level or you just can't.

Last edited:
Fallout 3

I think that I have never had to reload a game so much times in a row because of crashing bugs... I am used to Elder Bugged Bethesda engines, but this time they made it to another level !! :-#
At least quests seems less broken than in Skyrim... I'm somehow at half of the game and I had to use the console only two times to recover them...

Compared to the previous Fallout games seems to me it have a little excessive sarcasm and heavy language... I mean, it was present even previously, but in this games happens very often to me, as a "good karma player", to have to choose the "less sarcastic" option in dialogs, because there are no serious ones...

I like the way it is implemented the aim-shot system without turns, but this game heavily let down hand to hand and melee fighters:
- in Fallout 1/2, with movement perks, agility and less points needed for melee attacks, you can start first, move to 4/5 enemies and break their arms in just the first turn, making them unable to use heavy guns, and giving to you all the time to finish them...
- in Fallout 3, you can use STEALTH to go near one of them, maybe killing him, then all the others sees you and you are dead... if you don't have STEALTH and they see you from distance, you are just dead.

It has anyway the Fallout feel, but without a lot of deepness and interactions... the dialog are really short and most missions are not even explained well in the quest log (or not even present at all)... also I miss the possibility to use crowbar or explosives to open doors... in this game, you need exactly the right skill at the right level or you just can't.
Oh man, I enjoyed a lot using the V.A.T.S. with a Winchester I found in a Museum. That rifle was stellar. It was accurate and packed a punch.
It was long ago, so I might err, but I don't remember the game crashing on me. Definitely not regularly. Wasteland 2 on Switch on the other hand, crashing every now and then, which was already rather frustrating, but then getting to the point that it crashed reproducebly and I couldn't continue my game.

Oh man, I enjoyed a lot using the V.A.T.S. with a Winchester I found in a Museum. That rifle was stellar. It was accurate and packed a punch.
It was long ago, so I might err, but I don't remember the game crashing on me. Definitely not regularly. Wasteland 2 on Switch on the other hand, crashing every now and then, which was already rather frustrating, but then getting to the point that it crashed reproducebly and I couldn't continue my game.

I'm using the Steam version, maybe it's different from the one in the other stores... anyway visually it is not aged well, so, after 1/3 of the game, after a lot of crashes, I installed some MODs to beautify graphic, environments and unofficial bugfixes... I also substituted the executable to support some of those mods... but the only improved things are visuals, because I see no difference in stability.
Most of the time it crashes in the same spots as Daggerfall/Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim, so during loading of new areas, during loading of saved games, during loading of text for a scripted event... and sometimes it just hang when I'm walking and nothing visible is happening...
The fact that it is unstable as engine is visible by the fact that if I save a game, restart the program, load that save, maybe the program crashes... but if I restart AGAIN and load AGAIN that SAME SAVE, it works... so are not corruptions on files, it's just the way data is put in memory that is a mess...

Back