What are you going to do when you first get your Pyra

I expect the Pyra to ship with an installed and configured DE on the SD card, probably Mate at the moment. You're free to change it for whatever takes your fancy of course.

If the Pyra box is anything like the Pandora box I received from ED, it'll be significantly bigger than any letterbox I've ever seen, so you should be safe from that final indignity. I recall there was a thread somewhere probably in the pyra news section where ED prototyped a box for it, but that's so long ago now it's probably slightly embarrassing to look up now.

Im hoping there is a GB Emulator allready when i get my Pyra, because since yesterday i have aplied the DX Hack on my Super Mario Land Rom,
so the first Game should be Super Mario Land in Color on my Pyra..
Since my last post, i made some more plans what to to when i get my Pyra,
- Open the Box, Enjoy make Photos etc is something that maybe everywhone will make,
- I have made a Office Setup whit the GPD Win, so i only need to hook up the Pyra to my USB Hub and HDMI on my Desk to have it also as my Home Office PC..
My Mouse ditnt work whit the Pandora, but i hope to get it to work whit the Pyra....
- i m also hope that something like Libretto (or how this Ebook Manager is called) gets also a Pyra Port, so then i can use the Pyra to manage Free Ebooks for my Kindle and the Kindle i bought for my Mom..

But i think i am too early whit my 28, so it may be just Stock Linux Debian whit some Pyra Spezifik Tweeks, so maybe Libre Office, Mail and hopefully some Linux Games like Solitär, Minesweeper etc..

Considering I don't think the Pyra has an FM reciever, rtl-sdr is a good idea!
Can someone explain to me what the attraction is with software defined radios? What can you do with it that you can't do streaming over mp3 via the internet? I used to have a radio that did shortwave frequencies by the way; I found and listened the the number stations for a few minutes before getting bored and going back to Radio 4 FM.

SDR is needet when you want to reverse engeneere propritary comunication protocolls or want to find security-flaws.
(One of the open source SDR's was made to prove a theoretical security flaw in blue tooth)
Or when you want to control all your remote controlled devices with one remote controller (Pyra)

Can someone explain to me what the attraction is with software defined radios? What can you do with it that you can't do streaming over mp3 via the internet? I used to have a radio that did shortwave frequencies by the way; I found and listened the the number stations for a few minutes before getting bored and going back to Radio 4 FM.
I can receive radio in places I have no data connection.

I expect the Pyra to ship with an installed and configured DE on the SD card, probably Mate at the moment.

I would expect production units to not include any SD or microSD removable media - and that the stock OS image would be pre-installed to the eMMC.

I'm not sure on the prototypes though - so far, to my knowledge, we haven't seen a Pyra boot from the eMMC. They are likely still getting that sorted out.

I keep thinking about this.

I guess work on some python shit on the bus, play with the i2c bus if I can, maybe mess around with godot if we can get it to run?

configure the analogue sticks to navigate the window manager

figure out how to stream video from my gopro

complete my mindstorm based surveillance robot (coding)

augment aforementioned robot with defence (offence) capabilities

basically, the pyra will act as it's control unit

sleep easy

I will use my “new” Logitech Mouse on my Pyra as it’s today surprisingly worked on my Pandora..
the strange thing is that it’s ditnt work a month ago when I wanted to use my Pandora as a Work PC on a booth but today tryed it again and now it’s works..
I want to use my Pyra the same way I now use the GPD WIN : as my Main Work PC at home, as long I don’t need X84 Software..

I want also the Pyra to be my new Pandora:
It’s in my Pocket and if I need a little PC it’s there, or if I want to play some games..

Back