What are you going to do when you first get your Pyra

knightron

I'm pretty hyped for Pyra at the moment.
Was going to get a Pyra and then found myself enamoured by the GPD Pocket. Relented until the GPD Win 2 was released. Came so close to buying one of those things but my computer's mother drive failed meaning i had to buy a new computer instead. This procrastinated my plan significantly.
Now here i am almost back to where i was, considering what hand held to buy. Basically GPD Win 2 or Pyra.
I already own the GPD XD 1ghz. It's a good device, but the d-pad is junky and that capacitive touch screen leaves me wanting so much more.
Looking at the the Pyra activity i see it's almost here. Think i'll hold off for it rather than going one of the other options.
What will you do with yours first off? Think i'll start a new game of Dragon Warrior Monsters for GBC with mine. God damn i love that game. Looking forward to a new round of Lost in Blue with Drastic. Very lacking experience on the XD with that capacitive touch screen,

SO EXITED!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm exited to stick two 512gb sd cards and filling it with movies & tv, its going to be the perfect media device.
It can have a lot of storage & hook up to a tv for watching on the big screen.

Also it will most likely become a phone replacement for me.

Last edited:
Open the Package, make and post a Picture,
Charge it and change the SD Cards and the Wrist Band from my Pandora to the Pyra,
And put some Emulators on it, and play a lot around..
Hopefully there where some Emus available when I get my Pyra,
The first Game I want to play is allways Super Mario Land

Charge it.
If we are talking literally, I might film myself unboxing it.

I usually don't do videos but I feel that with a product like the Pyra it needs every bit coverage it can get.
Plus I want to actually contribute to the community some how.:D

I will see if it works on my cellular carrier, and then make a test call, recieve a test call, and do the same with SMS.

I will install OpenVPN, NextCloud Client, Remmina and sssd for Samba.
Then I will use it and show it around at my customers.
Next step will be to get Teamviewer to work and X2Go Client.
And THEN comes Retroarch and the different cores.
Also looking forward to that RTS that @ptitSeb ported.
OpenRA would be cool too.

@Lazrhog
Working 3D drivers do exist... Just some difficulties running them and the screen rotation that still needs to be worked out. It's being looked at now.

careful... the hinge is still sturdy...

And what I first would do... try to find software replacements for all functionality I use the Pandora for a.t.m.

How do you call comfortably with the Pyra? I wish it could replace my phone. The only decent phone I know of is the N900 but it is too old and abandoned.
I use a headset all the time, so for me, it would be no problem.
If the software part and the background functionality is implemented, I will also change to the Pyra as my new "smartphone".
I plan to use it as my main PC from day one.

I'll stomp on it to see, if Form Action's promise holds.

How do you call comfortably with the Pyra? I wish it could replace my phone. The only decent phone I know of is the N900 but it is too old and abandoned.
I'd use my in-ear headset, at home over the speakers or call uncorfortably.

I'll probably do an unboxing video, but by the time I get mine it will be pointless as there will be tons of them. Then I'll probably install Blender and try a blend file I made on my computer to see how long it takes to render. After that try to get a Blender interface set up that is easy to use on the Pyra.
I will see if it works on my cellular carrier, and then make a test call, recieve a test call, and do the same with SMS.
Ah yes, this will be something I do early also.

Back