What Are The Best Headphones For The Gp2x

Hey ^^

I've got the Apple headphones :)
Really got sound quality i think.

bye

There's no such thing as the best headphones for the gp2x, there's only the best headphones for bacteria (ewwww... I mean the thread starter). Headphones are a personal preference and not device specific in general*.

Get the ones that fit your ears better.

*since the gp2x is a handheld, maybe portability is more of an issue than with a pc where noise cancelling and 3d surround effect is more important I suppose.

I think it's only up to you. Both have some advanteges and disadvantages.
I prefer ear covering headphones but I have dilemma whether to buy something like popular Koss Porta Pro or some "semi hi-fi" shell earphones which will seal better, but will be bigger then Porta pro...
I have very crappy noname headphones from noname walkman and their sound is horrible. I have hi-fi shell ones from Thomson too, but it uses big jack so if I want to use them with gp2x I need to plug jack to jack converter and then cca 8cm falus stands out of my gp2x...

I use some ultimate ears super.fi 3's for my gp2x and mp3 player (kinda pricy and bass is balanced so if you like lots of bass these aren't for you. but they're really clear) or for about the price of the porta pro some akg k 26's are pretty nice and seal better

FluffyPanda posted on Mar 15 2006 at 10:16 AM said:
*since the gp2x is a handheld, maybe portability is more of an issue than with a pc where noise cancelling and 3d surround effect is more important I suppose.

I agree with that, the sound coming out of the GP2X isn't anything fancy, so just go for something that you find comfortable. I prefer the in-ear ones myself - got some nice Sony ones from Argos for £7.25 :)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5340459.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I use the noise cancelling huge ones when I'm at home on the comp, but for the gp2x i use(d to use) earbud ones, like the things you use with mp3 players, since theyre obviously more comfortable.

Personally I like these...

Koss Earbuds

They have great sound and more volume per milliwatt than most. They are a perfect fit for most anyone too, since they are expanding form-fit foam.

-Kensupen

Whichever pair of headphones you get, make sure the end is a perpendicular end (where the jack and the wire are at 90 degress). This give you couple of advantages. First of all, for the portability factor, having the normal straight jack will cause great discomfort when taking your unit in/out of your pocket. But MOST importantly (although I think this is a problem with my unit), the issue where the headphone jack on the GP2X is loose, having the perpendicular jack helps GREATLY as it doesn't lose it's 'hotspot' as easily as the straight jack. I had to cut off the jack on my headphones just to install the perpendicular jack because I was so sick of having to adjust the jack while I'm on the go :(

I alternate between a pair of Koss Porta Pros and a pair of Sennheiser pmx60's. Both cost abpout the same £25-30 but the bass is much better on the koss set whereas the the sennheisers are much more comfortable to wear (neckband style).

Eso Rimmer posted on Mar 15 2006 at 03:31 PM said:
I don't like any kind of these small headphones which have to be inserted "into" my ears.

The same goes for me. I don't know why, but there's this weird pain the comes after long use with them. I prefer the bigger ones instead. Plus you get better quality with the sound; the more your ears your covered => the more bass you get (and I LOVE bass).

And Turambar, HOW'S IT GOING MY FELLOW FUMOFFU SERIES WATCHER! Man, I'm so heart broken that I watched the all the three series in 2 weeks ...*sniff* that show was so good :(

aapje89 posted on Mar 15 2006 at 02:47 PM said:
I use sennheiser mx500 earbuds, thay produce great sound :) and for a reasonable price.

I rate the MX500s too. Excellent value at £15 from Argos. Half what they used to be.
These are award winning phones with superb sound for an earbbud.

I also love my Audio Technica ATH-M40 flat response monitor phones. Quite simply the best phones I've ever used. They're designed for studio work so the sound takes some getting used to but once you are used to not having too much bass and treble that other speakers and or phones deliver you start to hear details that were not there before.

A pity the 11 foot lead and large jack makes them awkward for portable sources on the move. :p

Of course if you can cope with the jack converter sticking out of your portable then these are great for home use. You can't get much more comfortable than cans designed to be used all day in a studio :D

BaDToaD posted on Mar 15 2006 at 05:04 PM said:
aapje89 posted on Mar 15 2006 at 02:47 PM said:
I use sennheiser mx500 earbuds, thay produce great sound :) and for a reasonable price.

I rate the MX500s too. Excellent value at £15 from Argos. Half what they used to be.
These are award winning phones with superb sound for an earbbud.

I also love my Audio Technica ATH-M40 flat response monitor phones. Quite simply the best phones I've ever used. They're designed for studio work so the sound takes some getting used to but once you are used to not having too much bass and treble that other speakers and or phones deliver you start to hear details that were not there before.

A pity the 11 foot lead and large jack makes them awkward for portable sources on the move. :p

Of course if you can cope with the jack converter sticking out of your portable then these are great for home use. You can't get much more comfortable than cans designed to be used all day in a studio :D
I also have sennheiser wireless headphones, very very good sound, but then I have to keep the gp2x near my amplifier, thats not really "portable" :p

I use Philips SHE785 in-ear phones. They're cheap, extremely portable and produce great, crisp sound. Also, they have a volume control on the cord, which is nice if the volume differs from track to track.
B0009VLLZI.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Box is included, but I don't find it very usable...

I thought it's because of my noname headphones, but I found, that with my Thomson HED 750 "hi-fi" headphones I'm still getting distorted bass on about last 3 volume levels, but on my Pioneer mini system I can go much higher with volume and sound is still good. So the sound is bad because of crappy quality of gp2x amplifier or it only can't push enough of juice to the headphones and with some portable headphones like these AKG K 26 P (or Porta Pro) it will be ok?
I have bad feeling that its because of crappy gp2x output. :(

Back