Decent Headphones For Pandora With Angled Jack For Under $40?

openthebox

Will someone give me some recommendation on headphones for :pandora2: with angled jack for under $40?

My requirements are as follow:
1) It must be angled, so it can fit in my front pant pocket when plugged in.
2) Under $40, can't justify it to be any higher to the wife. :eek:
3) In the ear design (ear buds?). Hate other kinds that just fall off.

I am no audiophile, so I don't need those $100 ones to enjoy the sound/music.

Thanks! :D

OpenTheBox said:
Will someone give me some recommendation on headphones for :pandora2: with angled jack for under $40?

My requirements are as follow:
1) It must be angled, so it can fit in my front pant pocket when plugged in.
2) Under $40, can't justify it to be any higher to the wife. :eek:
3) In the ear design (ear buds?). Hate other kinds that just fall off.

I am no audiophile, so I don't need those $100 ones to enjoy the sound/music.

Thanks! :D
How about these?
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX300-B-E...1801&sr=1-1

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you certain your pocket's too small to fit a normal jack?

I use a pair of KOSS earphones ( budded ) and they're great. Just under 40 bucks too. The downside of course is that it's a straight jack. I'm hoping my pocket is big enough to fit the Pandora sideways, though. I guess we'll see.

I agree with Gruso, Bluetooth headphones would be an even better solution.

I'd recommend these. I've been using them for the past 2 years. They've got an excellent sound response, the rubber molds well to the ear canal and shuts out most noise. I actually prefer these to my old Bose noise cancelling set. And at 20 bucks or so you can't go wrong.

Guys, thanks for the suggestions!

I'm positive my pant pocket won't fit the :pandora1: sideways. :p

I really like the Bluetooth idea, but it's not too pocketable. Again, the pants thing.

The Sennheiser CX300-B one looks to be what I need. Thanks dewc!

Thanks again to all!

OpenTheBox said:
Guys, thanks for the suggestions!

I'm positive my pant pocket won't fit the :pandora1: sideways. :p

I really like the Bluetooth idea, but it's not too pocketable. Again, the pants thing.

The Sennheiser CX300-B one looks to be what I need. Thanks dewc!

Thanks again to all!
Check out the sennheiser site, they've been having a recurring rebate wherein you send them a pair of old headphones and a UPC and you'll get some money back. I have the CX300-B's though, and they're pretty decent. Personally if you want some amazing headphones I'd say spend the extra $20 and get some Grado SR-60s. They don't have an angled jack, but you can get a connector for that. They'll be so far and above anything else in sound quality. They leak sound like crazy though so you can't use them everywhere like earbuds.

Last edited by a moderator:
If headphones dont come with a angled plug, its not hard to cut off the straight one, and solder on an angled one;)

Well I'm here a bit late, but for anyone else looking for afforable good sounding ones, I have heard quite a bit of them. It depends type of headphones are you looking for.

You have canalphone, which is called in-ear or iem, they block out the most noise, but maybe uncomfortable since you have to insert in your ears and can be hazardous if you cross the streets a lot, tend to be for airplanes/subway. For this catergory, the CX300 is acceptable. These phones tend to be muffled sounding until you go to the $100 range like Etymotic or Shure brand.

You have open earbuds, Sennheiser MX500 is good, but the AKG K14P is very clear sounding for the same price which I highly reocmmend. Both are angled plugs.

The Sennheiser PX100 should be considered even though it's not earbuds, it is really excellent for it's small, foldable size. I don't think it is angled, but the plug is very small.

Brands I recommend are AKG, Sennheiser, Audio Technica, Etymotic, Beyer Dynamic. I do not recommend sony or boss headphones.

I've bought a pair of Shure SE210's to go with the pandora

I've seen the Sennheiser CX300's on Newegg for $15 after rebate, so you definitely want to check there if you go this route. They're good low level earphones. I have the upgrades however - the CX500, and they're freaking awesome. They're $60 or so (check froogle - but if you go this route by from a legit source, they're regularly pirated).

A bluetooth option that's definitely pocketable are the Jabra BT8010 stereo headset. I have them for bluetooth stereo from my phone. They're neat because it's a mono headset for regular phone use with an LED display - but you can plug a second speaker in for your other ear. They were $20 plus shipping on Tiger Direct a couple days ago. I've had them for a couple years, and definitely recommend them.

The Phllips SHE9500 are probably the best in the ear headphones I have used. They have a great frequency range which I haven't seen on any other in the ear headphones and that includes those really expensive Sure ones, and the base is phenomenal for a non amplified set. You also wont get complaints from people on the train because the sound is very well directed that you get hardly any sound leakage. When I can hear other peoples headphones when they have their ipod or whatever on low volume but with the SHE9500 I have used them on my Iriver H320 at full volume (using rockbox) and can hardly hear them when I take them out.

I also managed to find them at under £8!! from lamdatek

Honestly I can't recommend them highly enough, and after I broke my first pair (my fault) I went on the search for them again, for some reason when my original pair broke they were really rare but starting to see them every where again.

The cheaper Sennheisers tend to sound muffled and the absolute best pair of earbuds i've used at a good price is the Sony MDRE888LP silver ones, if you can find them still. I bought mine off of ebay not long ago from hong kong for around $50 and couldn't be happier with the transparent range and good but not overly thumpy bass. They aren't the noise cancelling kind and are placed securely outside the ear, which are more comfortable, at least to me. Besides it's better for your hearing in the long run that way. :)

They were reviewed excellent here: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/e...a-earphone-ipod

I've two koss earphones (Sparkplugs and portapro) and both have broken down. Wouldn't recommend.

Back