What adhesive tape are you using for the LCD front bottom?

Zink

This sounds like a weird question, but I really like to know.

I am searching for such tape, that is commonly used for rubber parts and such in most of the electronic devices. That tape that is a little bit stretchy, and has quite strong adhesive. For many years I could not find anything like that. I even asked 3M distributor, and he didn't even know what I was talking about!

So now I already know how to describe it, as I recently bought some case parts for my Pandora, and when I disassembled the upper part, I found this tape in the lower front part of the LCD. Can you tell me what kind of tape it is, if that's not a secret? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm, that tape was applied by the case company, and it was custom made... so sadly, I have no idea how it's called :(

Zink

Hmm, but it was on the LCD, not on the case (there was no tape in the new silver case I received).

Saber

Advanced Member
An LCD supplier or manufacturer might have the answer if it's commonly used in the industry.

What about asking your question at ifixit.com?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zink

Thanks for suggestions. ED, would it be possible for you to give me the company name or an e-mail contact to the first batch case manufacturer? I would like to ask them.