Welcome to the decisive year

I don't want getting excited about the release date... I don't want getting excited about the release date... I don't want getting excited about the release date... I don't want getting excited about the release date...

Edit:  Disregard.  I assumed you meant with the rotator chip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we hope for an aluminium case, like with the pandora? That would be a reason to buy a pyra for me (my pandora is... well, let's say it's my all around computer and I'm not really cautious with it)

Can we hope for an aluminium case, like with the pandora? That would be a reason to buy a pyra for me (my pandora is... well, let's say it's my all around computer and I'm not really cautious with it)
I think the Pandora cases are a test run of sorts for potentially having some made for the Pyra.  Additionally, the files for the Pyra case will be released, so even if they aren't officially made someone else may do it.

I litterally just use my phone for everything now days my favorite computer was one of the sony vaio series p with hsdpa never used it but the computer was exactly the right size for my needs in 2008-2011 then one day the screen cracked and i had to get another laptop since then its been a series of hand me down boat anchors that have to be plugged in all the time with an hour long battery life and a size that smacks my @$$ when i walk around with it. Im ready for the pyra on so many levels

Wouldn't doing Indiegogo be safer and possibly more manageable?

Wouldn't doing Indiegogo be safer and possibly more manageable?
I wonder about the differences. Perhaps kickstarter allows you to reach a larger audience? Any funds raised on indiegogo can be kept without reaching the overall financial goal. There is pro's to this, not sure about the cons. I need to read up on these things.

To come back to the Pyra:

Ditnt heard much news since Chrismass 2014 until now..

Are no News good news because there arend Issues to tell and everything works out like Planet but needs its time??

Have my New 3DS XL now, so i can shorten the waitingtime a bit, but not for long..

At least, i have a Pandora heare to Play whit whyle i wait for more Pyra News..

And the New 3DS XL is great to practice the 4 Shoulderbutton gameplay..

Development needs time. Last tweet from ED pretty much sums up the Pyra status: https://twitter.com/EvilDragon1717/statuses/555652216473014272

I'd guess we might get a new news post once the rotator chip's working, because having the display working fully might be worth announcing.

I also would like to see some progress with the actual case. I hope the designers exorcised it's original cheapo and "brickness" -look somehow. *shudder* :ph34r:

Development needs time. Last tweet from ED pretty much sums up the Pyra status: https://twitter.com/EvilDragon1717/statuses/555652216473014272

I'd guess we might get a new news post once the rotator chip's working, because having the display working fully might be worth announcing.

I also would like to see some progress with the actual case. I hope the designers exorcised it's original cheapo and "brickness" -look somehow. *shudder* :ph34r:
I don't know; the "cheapo" and "brickness" as you call the OpenPandora is almost endearing.  ;)   Of course, I welcome any changes they make to the Pyra case that looks great. 

-Glyph Reader

I still don't know what brickness means, it makes me think, something that is rectangular, but they're still doing that for sure.

I still don't know what brickness means, it makes me think, something that is rectangular, but they're still doing that for sure.
i think what they mean is , chunky solid,heavy looking. square edged. as opposed to curved edges and slim looking....

If that is the case I would prefer it more bricklike, with the edges on the lid more like those on the bottom.  I know we all like our things to look a certain way, but I will just be happy to have a Pyra to use, even if I don't like the appearance.

I personally found the "brickiness" of the Pandora to be quite comfortable. Corners were rounded just enough to not stab my palms while still being shallow enough that I could get a firm grip in a fixed position. It had the right size and weight too. I don't understand the desire for thin, I got a new phone and I'm always uncomfortable holding it because of how thin it is, there's nowhere to get a good grip on it without accidentally touching the screen.

If that is the case I would prefer it more bricklike, with the edges on the lid more like those on the bottom.  I know we all like our things to look a certain way, but I will just be happy to have a Pyra to use, even if I don't like the appearance.
Maybe, but for that expected high price, the device deserves a look that show it's value in some way.  Which was an issue with the Pandora which did not quiet look like the device it actualy is.  I don't expect a flat design-wonder for the Pyra case but it could indeed need some improvements. I also don't like the strange curves of the Pandora lid, these do not fit at all to the bottom case.  I don't even have a problem with a "brick-like" look in general, if it's done right and still has smoth and rounded edges where you do not get scars and scratches of.  Classic Gameboy is a good example for a well done brick. :)

I personally found the "brickiness" of the Pandora to be quite comfortable. Corners were rounded just enough to not stab my palms while still being shallow enough that I could get a firm grip in a fixed position. It had the right size and weight too. I don't understand the desire for thin, I got a new phone and I'm always uncomfortable holding it because of how thin it is, there's nowhere to get a good grip on it without accidentally touching the screen.
Corners were rounded but not well enough imho, my palms hurt after a while when holding the Pandora. One reason I designed my own idea of the Case actualy. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Corners were rounded but not well enough imho, my palms hurt after a while when holding the Pandora. One reason I designed my own idea of the Case actualy. :D
Then you're 'doing it wrong'.  Get a wrist strap - easily gained from a $3 flashlight in the checkout lane (buy the flashlight, use the strap).  Put the strap on the Pandora and use it.  Now you no longer have to hold it in a death grip.  Loosen your grip up - mine barely touches my palms and is far more comfortable.

IMHO the Pyra should ship with a wrist strap.  The strap attachment point is one of the most overlooked features on the Pandora.

Back