Weird Pauses

It'd be nice if linux could use some sort of DMA access mode to the SD card so that accessing it wouldn't slow down any running programs much, but I'm not sure if it's possible with this SD interface.

I just want to add my bit...

I've had two GP2Xs now. None have had pauses. But, one of them experiance a pause at the start of each Doom level. I have that music pack installed, so I'm guessing it is something to do with that. It's like a 200ms pause, so it worries me not.

If it really is caused by linux pushing its cache too late, is there a way in SDL to make the cache be pushed right after it's done being written? Also, there probably is a way to stop linux from updating the access time, either that or I'd need to sync the cache after each level is loaded.

Is there anyway to tell linux it not to mount? Like with a Command-Line protocal. I was playing squidgesnes will full batteries and it froze because of this :)

Ive noticed this , a small pause, like a frame-skip. But for me it seems to be random, its noticable playing the Noisza (spelling?) 2d shootemup, but ive also noticed it in my own test app. I use SDL to read some images from the SD but apeart from that im not saving anything. I hoping this is a firmware problem and will be fixed, its not problematic but really noticable.

Back