Alternative Audio Players?

MonkeyChops said:
thanks again. I ended up figuring it out last night and used it all day today (working weekends sucks :angry: ) It never crashed like exaile liked to do every 4 hours or so.

btw, where did you get cmus from? I don't see it in the repository.

You'd think Exaile would be nimble and stable seeing as it's a Python program...

I like Cmus for the great keyboard controls, and it has all the functionality of Exaile plus more!

GizmoTheGreen said:
he compiled it himself...

I'd like a pnd version too :)

Yep. I would make a PND if I knew how... last time I tried to make one, it crashed XFCE!

Last edited by a moderator:
GizmoTheGreen said:
haha, youve said that som many times now, we now xD

and yeah, Exaile crashes alot for me... like, every 30th song

Which bit? That Cmus rocks, or that I can't make a PND to save my life? :)

SomeGuy99 said:
GizmoTheGreen said:

If you can send me all the binary files then I can make a PND for you. I don't have my Pandora at the moment so I'll have to leave the testing to you. PM me if you're interested?

Pleng said:
SomeGuy99 said:
GizmoTheGreen said:

If you can send me all the binary files then I can make a PND for you. I don't have my Pandora at the moment so I'll have to leave the testing to you. PM me if you're interested?

The links to the files are in this thread. Cheers! Also, I'm sending my Pandora off to be fixed any day now... for real this time!

Is there anything similar to WinAmp? I've been using winamp since it first came out (though I still use the v2.95 rather than the newer bloatware). Maybe there's a player with a winamp skin I could use... when I finally get my Pandora.

TitanUranus said:
Is there anything similar to WinAmp? I've been using winamp since it first came out (though I still use the v2.95 rather than the newer bloatware). Maybe there's a player with a winamp skin I could use... when I finally get my Pandora.
sure :
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,6,113

TitanUranus said:
SomeGuy99 said:
screen100619233738.png

XMMS with Winamp skin. Had to fiddle with the preamp settings as it was too quiet.

You have to install XMMS from the Angstrom repository, as there's no PND for it yet.

That looks very nice, very nice indeed. You'll have to tell me how to set it up like that... when I get my Pandora.

SG - keep bugging ED to release his Windows GUI based pnd-maker. Otherwise someone will have to slap one together (not hard :)

I linked to mkisofs on the libpnd hub somewhere, for windows, so you could build a pnd via the command line in Windows/DOS even.

I shoudl write up the exact steps if I didn't already; if you have cygwin set up on windows, its same as for linux pretty much (the sh-scripts in libpnd might even work, didn't try though.)

Hmm, wish I had a few minutes irght now but I don't :(

jeff

I'd never heard of Deadbeef (well, the player, anyway - I already know the origin of the word :p) before now. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like it has some of the features that I like about Minirok, there. :D

So no pnd of CMUS yet? Does it support scrobbling?

http://n.ethz.ch/~dflatz/cmuscrobbler/

silly question :D

(maybe I should learn howto fiddle with linux)

Back