We need a new Doom port!!

Sonic-NKT

Hi,
Yes, we have a Doom port, but its still buggy and no one is working on it for the moment (i think so), so i had the ideaif it is possible to port zDoom. All because of the good mod (or wad) support of zdoom, there a several very cool Doom mods out there, which i think could all run on the gp32. Also the sourcecode of it is out. Dont know really if its possible because i cant find system reqs on their site, but it cant be to much (it is Doom!)Ok perhaps you think like me...

here is a link to the zdoom hompage ,where you can download a win32 and linux version and the source:
http://zdoom.notgod.com/download.php

PS: another point his, what about playing HL or Goldeneye on the GP32 ???
Yes its possible with two great TCs, here some screens:
zdoom.jpg

zdoom2.jpg

zdoom3.jpg

the problem for half-lfie life is the miimum requirements are 133mhz (which we have) and 64mb of ram (8 times more than we have) but if the attempts to put more ram on it work then i suppose the only problem will be the file size.

He was refering to the total conversion made for Doom, not the real HalfLife :lol:

yes not the real one, but i think if valvle or sierra would do this, it would be possible.

its still in dev and has only three Maps in it, but all weapons and monsters (i think so) are allready inside...
but you can make new maps if you want :)
its very funny :) (but it would be even cooler on the GP32)
ok here is a download link:
http://zdoomhomeworld.bravepages.com/

PS: you need ZDoom!

The only thing currently missing is sound, and I believe someone is working on it. Of course, if you wanted to do that yourself, the files are available here. Go for it.

TomF.

Well I must say I am impressed with that HL screenie

I wouldn't mind bringing Gordon Freeman out of retirement for one more go-round :lol:

Well the gp32 doom is a port of PDoom, and the HL mod requires zdoom, so that won't be working on gp32 unlesss someone ports zdoom. You need zdoom b/c of it's jumping and mouse look ability. The only way to add in these keys would probally be this be this

Arrow Keys: Mouse look
A: Forward
B: Shoot
Select: Jump
Start: Open
Start + L: Change Weapon DOWN
Start + R: Change Weapon UP
L: Strafe Left
R: Strafe Right

If they make a halflife 2 i would like to see gordon freeman in it again, what they could do is an excape scene inside the alien dimensional prison with the soldier. That would be cool, we could make that sequel on the zdoom port by making levels. What's do you think Halflife (unofficial) 2.

All we need is zdoom.

the http://zdoomhomeworld.bravepages.com/ link is 404'd..... Damn, It looked interesting too!

the good thing about porting HL is the number of mods already out for it, somewhere about the three hundred mark the last time I looked, if they could be converted too, (unlikely but you never know your luck) you'd never need a FPS again. :D

hmm the page is dead.. thats bad, but if someone really wants it, i can upload it to my webspace.
CU

PS: has someone a idea who could port zdoom, or if its possible?

It will be tough thing to do, I looked through the code, it has native assembler that is a bitch to convert to arm9 assembler, and lots of source files.

It would take a while to port, anyways.

Might be easier to look at the zdoom mod structure, and find a way of incorporating zdoom mods into pmdoom.

- Rico

if thats easier.. THANKS for looking at it!!
PS :is someone currently working on the gp32 doom source?

The doom source, as you know, is now open to everyone - but last that I heard nobody could get it to compile. I don't have the official SDK (I'm using GCC) so I can't try.

- Rico

Back