(we Hope/maybe) The First Prototype Of The Pandora Handheld On The 26t

Squidge said:
Thats a thought - can the Pandora be used in the bath?
The real question is how much G can this thing handle?

Last edited by a moderator:
Since i haven't kept up my fair share of posting useless blathering and speculation lately...

I'll guess they'll be showing openGL demos and a SNES emulator.

pupnik said:
I am not sure showing an emulator at an official conf is a good thing from a copyright point of view :)

Laurent said:
I am not sure showing an emulator at an official conf is a good thing from a copyright point of view :)
There's nothing wrong with emulators from a copyright point of view :)

For Reference: Yuji Naka of Sega back in the day made an emulator of the NES for the Master System and showed it at a conference (I think at like a CES), it by the way being first console emulator.

It is legal to emulate any device you just can`t include copyrighted software such as a firmware bios or dumped roms that isn't shareware or open source.

Game_over said:
It is legal to emulate any device you just can't include copyrighted software such as a firmware bios or dumped roms that isn't shareware or open source.
Just so newbies don't get the wrong idea :)

Squidge said:
Game_over said:
It is legal to emulate any device you just can't include copyrighted software such as a firmware bios or dumped roms that isn't shareware or open source.
Just so newbies don't get the wrong idea :)

Glad to see some people understand :)
At work we demo'ed a board based on ARM11 MPCore in a local conf and there's no way emulators could be run on that.
The demo was finally done running multiple instances of Doom :p

pandora said:
Nah lol i mentioned this in a new thread. Beat ya to it :p

Yeah, and I mentioned it in a thread previous to that. Thus I win. ;)

Laurent said:
pupnik said:

I would imagine media capabilities and a display of the processing power in some way are parts of the focus, as well as some sort of gaming experience. Maybe Squidge and some others have created small testing-games with lots of eyecandy?

Game_over said:
For Reference: Yuji Naka of Sega back in the day made an emulator of the NES for the Master System and showed it at a conference (I think at like a CES), it by the way being first console emulator.
That didn't happen. Yuji Naka claims to have made an NES emulator for Genesis, but no one outside Sega has ever seen this emulator. Given the big ego the guy has my bet is that this emulator either never existed or was very slow. A decent speed NES emulator on Genesis is entirely impossible.

the master system and the nes were of the same era, it's not even remotely possible to emulate one with the other. from a hardware standpoint the master system was better but it wouldnt be able to emulate a Fairchild channel F.-cole

C B Felterbush said:
the master system and the nes were of the same era, it's not even remotely possible to emulate one with the other. from a hardware standpoint the master system was better but it wouldnt be able to emulate a Fairchild channel F.-cole
Yes, and the Mega Drive probably wouldn't have been able to emulate it either.

Exophase said:
Game_over said:
That didn't happen. Yuji Naka claims to have made an NES emulator for Genesis, but no one outside Sega has ever seen this emulator. Given the big ego the guy has my bet is that this emulator either never existed or was very slow. A decent speed NES emulator on Genesis is entirely impossible.

I taking Yuji word for it. ;) There's devs with bigger egos.

Back