Warfare Incorporated now Open Source Hostile Takeover

well done. i played this game on my HP H4700 PDA .  win mobile 6. its a fun game a bit like TA and a few others.......

Speed is good, not too fast, not too slow.

Graphics don't scale on menus but in game it use all the screen surface.
Sound is working.

But

No keyboard input at all. Just mouse/touchscreen (but that is working fine)

Networks functions doesn't seems to work.
Awesome! Seems like a fully functional port then :) No keyboard input is not a problem for this game, as long as the touchscreen works.  

Can' t wait to play it on the Pandora. 
I have to find a way to remove multiplayer part or at least make sure it doesn't wait indefinetly to connect to someplace (current behavour), and then I'll publish a first version.

Also, I'll fork the official github repo to push my changes...

Last edited by a moderator:
yes! christmas gifts keep coming in ^^

If you remove multiplayer, I hope it's just temporarily. Would be great to have this on two pandoras and play on the train for example.

This is fantastic!

I don't think anyone has even managed to make an Android port yet.

No KB isn't an issue - the game was designed to be stylus driven (Palm OS version came first) then fingers under iOS.

In fact, the original game did not have a multiplayer mode at all.  Additional maps/missions were downloaded manually and placed in a directory where the game would auto detect them.  I'm not sure if any of those still exist.  So, there is nothing wrong with releasing a 'single player only' version.

VERY cool indeed - great work!

This is fantastic!

I don't think anyone has even managed to make an Android port yet.

No KB isn't an issue - the game was designed to be stylus driven (Palm OS version came first) then fingers under iOS.

In fact, the original game did not have a multiplayer mode at all.  Additional maps/missions were downloaded manually and placed in a directory where the game would auto detect them.  I'm not sure if any of those still exist.  So, there is nothing wrong with releasing a 'single player only' version.

VERY cool indeed - great work!
Yeah, I had it on my Palm|TX :)

I have managed to make the multiplayer part non active, and the download, even if it doesn' work, doesn't crash, so I'll probably make it available on the repo and I'll publish the sources a bit later (once at home I thing, this week end or something).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back