War in Ukraine

Well, maybe they can send now trained troops they current have elsewhere to Ukraine and use the new soldiers to replace those troops in places it's not so critical to be untrained ? Not sure which places that would be...

Last edited:
remember what they did in ww2. 30 million Russians dead yet they were on the winning side. maybe Putin is the type to never surrender regardless of losses.

remember what they did in ww2. 30 million Russians dead yet they were on the winning side. maybe Putin is the type to never surrender regardless of losses.
Both Kaiser Wilhelm II and Adolf Hitler never surrendered. They still lost.
The WWII era Russians were defending home territory, as are the Ukrainians now.

about 27 million dead but 'only' 11 million was military, 8 million civilians died due to poor living conditions and lack of food, other civilians died due the war itself.
While Germany had about 13 million, and suffered about 4.2million casualties.

• Sad
Reactions: rSl
Well, maybe they can send now trained troops they current have elsewhere to Ukraine and use the new soldiers to replace those troops in places it's not so critical to be untrained ? Not sure which places that would be...
Mmmm... I read otherwise. Not sure what to believe, but there's so much I don't understnad in this war...
The number of newcomers to Kazakhstan is growing by the minute as rights groups and independent media report that newly mobilised Russians are herded to the front lines without any prior training.

“They don’t take part in drills, don’t undergo a medical examination and get no training,” the Perviy Otdel (First Department) Russian human rights group said on Tuesday.
Makes no military sense, I'd say. Is Putin just trying to remove from Russia people who can revolt ? But that gives more grounds for revolt...

Putin gave his annexation speech today.

I always feel like automatic translation is totally random in Youtube video's.
For example this speech by Putin randomly throws in Naruto.
Video
Putin_Naruto.png

Or the translation was correct and he's referring to a strategy borrowed from the US army:
USarmy.PNG

The US Army use the Naruto Running Technic? This is inconsequent : Why dosnt they also use the other Techniqs like this Jump from Tree to Tree?? Would be quite fast and great for woody warfare..

I heard the Speak of Putin today was quite "Strange", seems like he ditnt have all Coffee Cups in the Trawer anymore ..

I don't think that'll happen; I don't think you're allowed to join NATO while you're actually fighting with an enemy on home soil. Otherwise the conversation goes:
> Congratulations, you're now a fellow NATO state
> Great. Whoops, seems were being attacked right now
> Wow, bro. That means we need to pile in too!

I don't think that'll happen; I don't think you're allowed to join NATO while you're actually fighting with an enemy on home soil. Otherwise the conversation goes:
Well I guess they are optimistic that they'll retake all the ground within 1-2 years so to be ready when the application is actually handled (the time between application and completion usually takes many years, a fast tracked application will still take years).
After this they'll get protection that isn't being provided in full now. It could also be done to try to spoil the annexation party is Moscow a bit.

Reactions: rSl
Yes, But not only that.
If the policy allowed a country in war to join the alliance, deterrence would be compromised.
Looking at it from outside the NATO it works like "if I attack a NATO member, it's like attacking all the others" because you know who is member.
But if the NATO allowed in a country ,in the middle of the war, then a nonNATO state would think "If I attack a NATO member it's like attacking all others, but if I attack any other country, it may become a NATO member in the middle of the war, so it's not really important if some state is a NATO member or not. NATO may decide to defend it all the same at any point if they ask to get in."
Having said that I don't think the NATO makes any sense, so I don't know why I'm trying to find sense to its policies... If that's even a policy, which I'm not sure.
Well I guess they are optimistic that they'll retake all the ground within 1-2 years so to be ready when the application is actually handled (the time between application and completion usually takes many years, a fast tracked application will still take years).
After this they'll get protection that isn't being provided in full now. It could also be done to try to spoil the annexation party is Moscow a bit.
I'm not sure anyone knows how Ukraine will be in 2 years, so hard to start any handling on the application right now.
I think the only purpose of the announcement is to declare end to any negotiation attempt, and willingness to keep fighting.
It's like the reason Ukraine hadn't applied earlier might be to leave a door open to negotiation so that Russia had something to get if they renounced to invasion. But since Russia commiting their invasion, it makes no more sense to bargain with that.
So it only means Ukraine does not surrender and will not willingly give those 4 oblasts to Russia. [there might be more reasons for not applying, like if the Ukraine army didn't think the NATO is militarly good enough or something, like it is more of a burden than a help, but nobody ever said something like that, and if that was the case they wouldn't have applied now]

Sim Sala Bim ! Now you see 1500000 Russian winter uniforms, now you don't...
A southern Siberian lawmaker said that local authorities “lost” 1.5 million uniforms and that newly mobilised civilians will have nothing to wear in winter.

“Everything was there and then just evaporated,” Andrey Gurulev from the Zabaikalsky region said on Telegram. “Nobody can explain it anywhere or anyhow.”
And everybody knows naturism is a peaceful, pacifist movement, so that means naked soldiers = no more war ! :)
I heard somewhere that Kremlin delayed the draft one month, due to logistics and mistakes. In other places I hear they're already sending conscripts to rearguard in Donbass, "for training". No idea...

Sim Sala Bim ! Now you see 1500000 Russian winter uniforms, now you don't...

And everybody knows naturism is a peaceful, pacifist movement, so that means naked soldiers = no more war ! :)
I heard somewhere that Kremlin delayed the draft one month, due to logistics and mistakes. In other places I hear they're already sending conscripts to rearguard in Donbass, "for training". No idea...
Also rumors that a lot more people are drafted instead of the 300.000 announced ones, even people that would clearly be unsuitable to be a decent helpful soldier. Russia blames it on the conscripts themselves as they didn't follow the procedure to communicate their current status (as in usually employed or severely physically limited). A lot of knowledge workers have run away which causes problems for the industry, some permanent as they try to gain citizenship somewhere else.
Some conscripts are send directly to the front-lines with no or few days of training which might not always be productive.
Meanwhile Ukraine has taken back more land which isn't so good for Russian moral. Curious how this will progress. Putin already doubled-down with annexation and a draft, but will he escalate even further?
Unpredictable times we are in: either the war is almost over and Putin might be removed by his own people or world-war 3 will start and the problems get even bigger. Sure Russia will probably still fail but the damage done could take decades to recover from.
And that would be on top of the issues we are already ignoring for years (failing monetary system, declining production, pollution of the planet, etc) and more recent ones (covid, global tensions, etc).

Also rumors that a lot more people are drafted instead of the 300.000 announced ones, even people that would clearly be unsuitable to be a decent helpful soldier. Russia blames it on the conscripts themselves as they didn't follow the procedure to communicate their current status (as in usually employed or severely physically limited).
And any dead before draft? I mean I bet dead reservists didn't even have the courtesy of informing the army that they had died?

A lot of knowledge workers have run away which causes problems for the industry, some permanent as they try to gain citizenship somewhere else.
Some conscripts are send directly to the front-lines with no or few days of training which might not always be productive.
I don't know if Ukraine is already doing it, but they should set up some online courses to train Russian soldiers (how to surrender, how to defect, Retreat 101, how to say in Ukrainan "Hello, I'm a lost Russian soldier, can you tell me the way to my regiment/ a tank service station/ the nearest liquor shop/ the front line/the rearguard/home to mum? Have you seen my kalashnikov? I thought I'd left it here. Thank you, have a nice occupation."):
Meanwhile Ukraine has taken back more land which isn't so good for Russian moral. Curious how this will progress. Putin already doubled-down with annexation and a draft, but will he escalate even further?
I think he turns 70 this week ? I just hope when he orders to nuke he finds that he fired his General of Nukes and forgot to put someone else in charge. Then the new one when it's finally appointed can't remember which missile silos have working or rusted hinges...
Unpredictable times we are in: either the war is almost over and Putin might be removed by his own people or world-war 3 will start and the problems get even bigger.
Either or ? I contemplate some possibility of both. Putin being crazy doesn't mean nobody else is.
Sure Russia will probably still fail but the damage done could take decades to recover from.
And that would be on top of the issues we are already ignoring for years (failing monetary system, declining production, pollution of the planet, etc) and more recent ones (covid, global tensions, etc).
So sad you're so right...

I don't know if Ukraine is already doing it, but they should set up some online courses to train Russian soldiers (how to surrender, how to defect, Retreat 101, how to say in Ukrainan "Hello, I'm a lost Russian soldier, can you tell me the way to my regiment/ a tank service station/ the nearest liquor shop/ the front line/the rearguard/home to mum? Have you seen my kalashnikov? I thought I'd left it here. Thank you, have a nice occupation."):
They have something like this in place. Russian soldiers receive money, anonymity and they can call a hotline to arrange a pick-up to surrender. I think you also got a bonus if you deliver your tank as a gift.

Some random list of instructions: https://visitukraine.today/blog/928...r-step-by-step-instructions-for-the-occupiers

Crimea bridge is partially destroyed by a bomb. It connects Russia to Crimea.
This probably will impact morale as the bridge itself is not completely destroyed so it can still be used.
This bridge was heavily guarded and was thought to not be damaged soon, even though Ukraine announced it wished to do so.
bridge.PNG

Back