Want Something Ported? Look Here First!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thing to do is before you request a port of something, look to see if the source code is public first. Google for it or something. Find some hits and post them too. And check to see you're not just looking at like, a level editor's source or something...

can we ask for remakes

If the graphics, sound, music, and game design are all available, and game could potentionally run on a GP32, then yes, you can ask. But make sure you say REMAKE and not port, and link to whatever resources are available.

Actually, I am in the middle of making a remake from a PS1 game myself.

Im new to these forums and haven't got a gp32 yet but can twit to get one just as soon as i get my crimbo money, ive noticed that there are some great ports of pc games such as doom and heretic oh and all the lucasarts games (im especially looking forward to playing sam & max on the go) but ive noticed no one has ported duke nukem 3d, is this possible or is somone already working because it would make a great addition to the shooters on gp32.

Ernest posted on Dec 23 2003 at 11:41 AM said:
Im new to these forums and haven't got a gp32 yet but can twit to get one just as soon as i get my crimbo money, ive noticed that there are some great ports of pc games such as doom and heretic oh and all the lucasarts games (im especially looking forward to playing sam & max on the go) but ive noticed no one has ported duke nukem 3d, is this possible or is somone already working because it would make a great addition to the shooters on gp32.
Hmm this port has been discussed before, but as yet I don't think anyone has took up the task yet. Apparently there is something missing or difficult to overcome in the GP32's hardware to make it easy to port.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ernest posted on Dec 24 2003 at 04:28 PM said:
would half-life be possible to port it's based on the quake 1 engine?????
No, Half life is a highly modified version of the Quake 1 engine, the fact that Quake is barely playable makes it even more unlikely.

Halflife even uses an enhanced version of the Q2 engine, which itself is an enhanced version of the Q1 engine, so....oh and there are no sources for it either, and if you look at its size... :rolleyes:

it would be nice to think of games like half life being on gp32, but i really dont think the system is hardly powerful enough but then when you wonder how this guy is going to port a great looking 3D gta clone game... hmm :unsure: maybe its not a question of if it is possible, but if they have the sources to do it.

Twimfy posted on Dec 23 2003 at 01:12 PM said:
Ernest posted on Dec 23 2003 at 11:41 AM said:
Hmm this port has been discussed before, but as yet I don't think anyone has took up the task yet. Apparently there is something missing or difficult to overcome in the GP32's hardware to make it easy to port.
Hey, you could look on google for the coding of duke nukem. It would be hard to find the coding for it but it must be out there somewhere. you can get anything on the internet. :)
I'm not a game writer but I do know that you can get anything if you look.
I dont know if it would work but I got a ps emulator for my computer once and it didnt work so i went into my computer and explored the disk and it had all the files in there. They were all file extensions I've never seen before but you could veiw them in note pad so give that a try.
It might just work.

It has to be done legally. <_<

With permission from the relevant people or if the source code is available, Not by ripping the guts out of someone elses work. ;)

Trooper

it would be nice to think of games like half life being on gp32, but i really dont think the system is hardly powerful enough but then when you wonder how this guy is going to port a great looking 3D gta clone game... hmm maybe its not a question of if it is possible, but if they have the sources to do it.

wow first I've heard of this game, have yiu got any links or details?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back