Strange Adventures In Infinite Space

jbrodack

gp2x fan
Website
jbrodack.googlepages.com
I didn't realize this until now but one of my favorite indie games did have its source released. The game is a space game that plays out in under 15 minutes but has a lot of variety and random occurrences. There is a sequel out called Weird Worlds that is closed source and has better graphics but strange adventures is still a lot of fun. Anyway I'd obviously like to see a port of this game.

The art isn't open though so you would either need to own the game, acquire the art elsewhere or have replacement graphics. Replacement graphics shouldn't be too hard to come by since there are a fair amount of mods available for the game. Plus the demo is freely available.

The game uses mouse controls so either an emulated mouse or the f200 touchscreen could be used.

source code page: http://www.digital-eel.com/sais/source.htm

mod page: http://www.freewebs.com/strangefederation/mods.html

I love Weird Worlds but haven't played Strange adventures. I had thought of writing my own game along similar lines but it would be great to have the original.

ruckage said:
I love Weird Worlds but haven't played Strange adventures. I had thought of writing my own game along similar lines but it would be great to have the original.
I'd love to see you do your own version. I know you'd make some awesome artwork for it. Anyway strange adventures is very similar and is basically an older version of Weird Worlds.

Still original or some version made using the original's source code would be awesome.

Thanks for taking a look Parkydr you've done tons of great ports for the gp2x.

Last edited by a moderator:
jbrodack said:
I'd love to see you do your own version. I know you'd make some awesome artwork for it. Anyway strange adventures is very similar and is basically an older version of Weird Worlds.

Still original or some version made using the original's source code would be awesome.

Thanks for taking a look Parkydr you've done tons of great ports for the gp2x.
Well its something I've been thinking about for quite a while and I have lots of ideas so I'm sure it will be a reality at some point. It would still be great if it were possible to get this ported though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back