Wallpapers And Other Graphics Wanted!

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Those rock C.K, especially the beauty-get one :D
magicman5421 said:
(...)
I'm also a fan of the beauty-get one, but the bottom is gonna get cut off. Ah well. These pics just make me wish I had my pandora in my hands more.
Yes, I know it'll be cut off. This is actually a background I created for a software project I planned on called "beauty-get", which would implement something like the Apple Appstore or the Nintendo Wii/DSi shop system. Like a package manager, but more entertaining and better suited for games, multimedia etc. I think I could change it a bit so the logo won't get cut off by a taskbar, but I have little time at the moment and it would take some to keep the quality up. Maybe I'll do it on the weekend, but I can't promise this.

Last edited by a moderator:
MDave said:
Looks awesome :) Now do a matching pmenu theme! :p

lol. had a good idea.. when doom comes to the pandora (yes i know its already here) in our hands, i wounder if anyone could mod the original wad file title screen to include the doom pandora logo like D(Panda logo)M as the panda logo looks like the OO letters. just a thought.

need to get my first skin coded first... tho i tihnk this is better as an os desktop

Trevsweb said:
lol. had a good idea.. when doom comes to the pandora (yes i know its already here) in our hands, i wounder if anyone could mod the original wad file title screen to include the doom pandora logo like D(Panda logo)M as the panda logo looks like the OO letters. just a thought.
Awesome :D

Trevsweb said:
mali said:
El Jefe said:
thars mien, gimme suggestions on how to improve it, please
edit: if you hadn't guessed, its inspired by the droid
I like it! Reminds me a bit of the movie "The Fifth Element". It has something "doomy", I like that. A bit of rust on some of the edges of the metal of the logo would be cool and maybe a horizontal cloudy structure(Edit: like an explosion in space) in the background.

hehe that comment gave me an idea... not finished yet though
doom.jpg
i want that to be my avatar. can you make me one? :)

I don't know if requests are allowed but (please don't ban me)
this guy XxR3zD3ViLxX is my favorite artist on DeviantArt, and
I was wanting to know if someone with photoshopping/gimp skills could
make a pandora logo out of some of his fractal art. Specifically this one "Neurons of Purple" and this one "Dragons"

Or something of the likeness... Please and thank you!

foxblock said:
Well here is my contribution:

I have to be honest, though. I just used an image I drew some time ago and farted a Pandora logo on it, but I think it kinda fits...
What do you think?
That's awesome. That really needs to go the Pandora from the get go, it's something really different!

why dont we just make all wallpapers in all the common formats?

640x480
800x640
1024x768
1280x1024
1360x768
1440xsomething
1680x1050
1920x1080
etc

then everyone can use em on both pandora and computer

GizmoTheGreen said:
why dont we just make all wallpapers in all the common formats?

640x480
800x640
1024x768
1280x1024
1360x768
1440xsomething
1680x1050
1920x1080
etc

then everyone can use em on both pandora and computer
i already have seen some skills here i'd really like to have on my PC as wallpaper to! :)

mali said:
My 1810T has 1366x768. Weird stuff these days.
As a limitation at least on xf86-video-ati (and I imagine all of X and any GPU), all horizontal resolutions must be divisible by 8. This also means that my 1366x768 TV, when I use it, only gets a 1360x768 framebuffer

Some people have Ubuntu running on their 1410/1810T and didn't report this issue, yet. It's got a crappy Intel 4500MHD iGP, but I bought it for its battery life. Check this for more info on those 11.6" Timelines:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=419117

/off topic

RenegadeChic said:
if i had the skills, and i dont, i would make a wallpaper which was basically a wholescreen of actual wallpaper, really old lady style stuff with flowers, that looks like its been papered over a raised pandora logo. like its been forgotten and trapped underneath it

victorianpandora.png

Because I also want one. I like those things.

I was messing about with raising the logo, but I hope krosfyah doesn't mind me modifying his image. If you do, I'll remove it.

Also, first post here. Been lurking for a bit longer, and pre-ordered one.

ThaDSman said:
I don't know if requests are allowed but (please don't ban me)
this guy XxR3zD3ViLxX is my favorite artist on DeviantArt, and
I was wanting to know if someone with photoshopping/gimp skills could
make a pandora logo out of some of his fractal art. Specifically this one "Neurons of Purple" and this one "Dragons"

Or something of the likeness... Please and thank you!
Sadly his work is under CC with the non-profit attribute, but I can imagine having some fractal art like that wrapping around a glowing Pandora logo.
Why don't you go ahead and try to do it yourself? Fractal art is not that hard to create, just get yourself some free tool (or a Photoshop plugin/script) and then play around with the Hue slider and some other effects in the graphic editing program of your choice. Sure, it can be a time consuming process, especially if you want to have the Pandora logo nicely in it, but you don't have to be an artist per se.
Just take it as your chance to get a bit into fractal art - I am sure you can get some fun out of it (and if some good images it's even better) ;)

(naw)mcx said:
foxblock said:
Well here is my contribution:

I have to be honest, though. I just used an image I drew some time ago and farted a Pandora logo on it, but I think it kinda fits...
What do you think?
That's awesome. That really needs to go the Pandora from the get go, it's something really different!
Thank you very much :)

foxblock out

Vlynndar said:
RenegadeChic said:
if i had the skills, and i dont, i would make a wallpaper which was basically a wholescreen of actual wallpaper, really old lady style stuff with flowers, that looks like its been papered over a raised pandora logo. like its been forgotten and trapped underneath it

I was messing about with raising the logo, but I hope krosfyah doesn't mind me modifying his image. If you do, I'll remove it.

That could be pretty nice, but the texture is really artifacted.

(naw)mcx said:
Vlynndar said:
RenegadeChic said:

That could be pretty nice, but the texture is really artifacted.

Whoops, so I see. Let me fix that.

EDIT: H'm. It doesn't seem to get any better. Let's just call it 'weathered'. =p
It might have to do with the source.

Back