Wallpapers And Other Graphics Wanted!

The "open" Pandora logo with the glow coming out is a great idea. I was mind-picturing some kind of used-looking old wooden chest with hefty hinges and bound in brass, where the lid opens a fraction and some mysterious light spills out, slightly lighting the chest around the opening. Chest could have a barely visible logo on the lid or front..

I've gotta couple of these you might enjoy :D

theopening_screen1.png

theopening_screen2.png

theopening_pop.png

Looks great !. As I offered previously. if anyone wants to send me their wallpapers and user name, I would be more than happy to post them on a site I put up.

Pandora Wallpaper
e-mail: pinballwzd(at)gmail(dot)com

Cheers, David...

CoMiKe said:
Trying to create some serious wallpapers after my previous joke. As said before, I'm not a great artist, but hope you like it.

<snip> two nice images </snip>

I think these are honestly two of my favorites for some reason. Great work!

Last edited by a moderator:
GizmoTheGreen said:
why dont we just make all wallpapers in all the common formats?

640x480
1920x1080
etc

then everyone can use em on both pandora and computer
How about people just make the highest actually used res in each aspect (usually 2560xsomething), and people can downscale?
Although it does mean bigger downloads I suppose.

dschroeter said:
Keep 'em coming! Gotta love a community based solely on hope...

I really like this one, so simple yet so pleasing to look at. The rest are looking awesome too. Keep 'em coming indeed!

Eisner said:
Looks great !. As I offered previously. if anyone wants to send me their wallpapers and user name, I would be more than happy to post them on a site I put up.

Pandora Wallpaper
e-mail: pinballwzd(at)gmail(dot)com

Cheers, David...
Could you please "fix" (in lack of a better word) that page before we start submitting images to it?

E.g. set up Drupal, use the "Image" extension, or something like that; as it is now, you're using static HTML for the page, but it would be nice to be able to search for wallpapers, to be able to login by yourself to add your own wallpapers (so I'd login as "dflemstr" and upload an image instead of mailing them to you) etc.

Sorry to sound like a SOAB but it's not that difficult to set up something beyond the very basic.

I might set up a page myself if you don't want to go through the hassle (I'll have it up in 30 minutes) but the question will be whether my bandwidth allows for the stream of images.

Apparently the Pandorapress devs have got the photo album feature working on the unofficial blog recently.
You might want to check and see if that will work for what you need before putting in all that effort :)

EDIT: Looks like it's tied into photobucket.

Could you please "fix" (in lack of a better word) that page before we start submitting images to it?

E.g. set up Drupal, use the "Image" extension, or something like that; as it is now, you're using static HTML for the page, but it would be nice to be able to search for wallpapers, to be able to login by yourself to add your own wallpapers (so I'd login as "dflemstr" and upload an image instead of mailing them to you) etc.

Sorry to sound like a SOAB but it's not that difficult to set up something beyond the very basic.

I might set up a page myself if you don't want to go through the hassle (I'll have it up in 30 minutes) but the question will be whether my bandwidth allows for the stream of images.
I would pay for hosting if you would be interested in setting up such a site. I already have several domain names in need of a server which I am looking into atm.

CoMiKe said:
Another idea, although I suspect I've seen it before on this boards, so perhaps it's not very original:

pandora04.jpg

EDIT: Replaced with a lighter (size) JPG version.
You may want the light to diffuse a bit coming out of the holes.

I've put up a site here. Anyone can log in and upload their wallpapers there.

Screenshot if you don't believe me :p:

I could set up an identical one anywhere else, or we'll just keep this one for now (It can be moved, if necessary).

In the mean time, feel free to upload your images there just to try it out.

Back