Wallpapers And Other Graphics Wanted!

B-ZaR said:
Won't bother to count, but remember to keep the bottom 50px free of any details, as they will be covered by the panel.
Whoops, I wasn't even aware of that! Time to check. :p

EDIT: Damn. Only 30 pixels free. :lol: I'll fix it as soon as I can.

EDIT 2: Fixed them. If you're still seeing the old ones, clear your cache or something. :p Thanks B-ZaR!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't use any of these right?
http://www.textureking.com/index.php/category/metals

El Jefe said:

TextureKing said:
The stock photographs on this site are free for use in any situation by anyone with only one exception. DO NOT sell, redistribute, or host any of the stock photos that are found on this site.

So... you can use them as long as you don't distribute exact copies?

Trevsweb said:
my first try taken from my pandora interface mockup i did a while back, the glow effect will look like its coming from the taskbar

Best one yet! Good work

pandapig.jpg

This will probably become mine (but without the text)

Please notice how the snouts and eyes of the pigs form a pandora logo (if you connect the dots) ;)

thars mien, gimme suggestions on how to improve it, please
PandordaBG.png

edit: if you hadn't guessed, its inspired by the droid

B-ZaR said:
El Jefe said:

TextureKing said:
The stock photographs on this site are free for use in any situation by anyone with only one exception. DO NOT sell, redistribute, or host any of the stock photos that are found on this site.

So... you can use them as long as you don't distribute exact copies?
I think that, if you (substantially?) change a copyrighted image, it counts as derivative work.

El Jefe said:
I like it! Reminds me a bit of the movie "The Fifth Element". It has something "doomy", I like that. A bit of rust on some of the edges of the metal of the logo would be cool and maybe a horizontal cloudy structure(Edit: like an explosion in space) in the background.

budbud said:
Awsome :) would love to see it with a black backgroud..Bud
Not my favorite, but a request is a request...

pandoraboxstillwallpape.png

B-ZaR said:
Paradox said:
I think the ones with the "shine" coming from the middle look really poor

If you don't have anything nice or constructive to say...

I thought that was being constructive.. nobody else was going to say it. artists don't get better with people pussy-footing around them telling them their stuff is amazing.

Paradox said:
B-ZaR said:
Paradox said:

I thought that was being constructive.. nobody else was going to say it. artists don't get better with people pussy-footing around them telling them their stuff is amazing.

dude, insulting a broad range of people based on your personal preference isn't constructive criticism. and right now you look like quite the jerk, trying to justify yourself.

Alternatively, you now look like you can't take valid criticism. I don't agree with Paradox, but I don't wholly disagree with him either. They're not "ZOMG AMAZING", but they're not terrible either.

Xian Long said:
Paradox said:
B-ZaR said:
Paradox said:

dude, insulting a broad range of people based on your personal preference isn't constructive criticism. and right now you look like quite the jerk, trying to justify yourself.
I think he meant to say that the shine makes the images look poor, which it does.

I thought Paradox's comment was fine, not sure I agree, but what ever.

All the wallpapers that i've seen here look ace. Also, this is my first post for ages. I'm in fucking MUMBAI guys!

mali said:
El Jefe said:
I like it! Reminds me a bit of the movie "The Fifth Element". It has something "doomy", I like that. A bit of rust on some of the edges of the metal of the logo would be cool and maybe a horizontal cloudy structure(Edit: like an explosion in space) in the background.

hehe that comment gave me an idea... not finished yet though
doom.jpg

zhasha said:
Alternatively, you now look like you can't take valid criticism. I don't agree with Paradox, but I don't wholly disagree with him either. They're not "ZOMG AMAZING", but they're not terrible either.

um... i didn't make one. or at least a serious one, with a shine in the middle.

banjeed said:
budbud said:
Awsome :) would love to see it with a black backgroud..Bud
Not my favorite, but a request is a request...

pandoraboxstillwallpape.png

That is going to be my desktop background. Excellent work :)
Any chance of 1280x1024?

Wait. It's just black. I can do that :)

*edit*
Hope you don't mind banjeed but I made a 1280x1024 version:

Prometheus said:
@Jourdy - I think that you found the option to invert colours in The GIMP. ;)

Seriously, though, I actually quite like them, although I think you need to fix the size again - the Pandora's resolution is 800x480, don't forget.

How did you get those vertical lines on the letters, by the way?

@Thread-as-a-whole - My folder of desktop backgrounds for the Pandora is going to be huge if this keeps up. :lol: Liking everything I'm seeing here.

Well, I used the color to alpha, made the white transparent, and boom.

Paradox said:
B-ZaR said:
Paradox said:

<offtopic><rant>Being constructive is giving at least some idea how to make it better. There's criticism and there's constructive criticism. You dismissed the pictures as a whole without pointing out what was wrong with them. You could've just as well said "these suck". Instead of "these look really poor" say "these could be made better by <how to make them better>". That's constructive. It adds value. Now, I don't want a flame war here, we've both aired our opinions, and this clearly is just a matter of one. I won't bitch about this any more, just wanted to say this. Thank you for reading.</rant></offtopic>

Great work people, let's keep 'em coming :) I _might_ attempt to better my first two later this week, any ideas are welcome :)

Back