Waiting for the rather great news

Did the 'premium' unit sales increase the production rate for the 'Real First Batch' orders? Since all units are getting 'First Batch' stickers it makes identifying the populations more onerous.
I'd hazard a guess at no seeing as though the board production didn't speed up as they expected due to the shoulder buttons being positioned incorrectly. In fact it will have slowed production of the 'real first batch' down by the same number of premium orders.

Did the 'premium' unit sales increase the production rate for the 'Real First Batch' orders? Since all units are getting 'First Batch' stickers it makes identifying the populations more onerous.
I'd hazard a guess at no seeing as though the board production didn't speed up as they expected due to the shoulder buttons being positioned incorrectly. In fact it will have slowed production of the 'real first batch' down by the same number of premium orders.
For those interested, ED placed a comment about this on the other boards.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I understand it, the premium sales allowed Craig to hire more people that got as many first batch orders as they could out the door a week earlier, but then CC couldn't keep up with board production so it was kind of for naught. Not that that's Craig's or ED's or anyone's fault, sometimes vans just burst into flame and volcanos spew ash.

ED confirms there's a new guy heading the Pandora project at CC, though, who has asked for a few days to acquaint himself with the project and will provide them with a solid schedule soon, so things should theoretically be smoother at that end as well.

Now i think that they got a really big order for icontrolpads.What else can it be.
Craig Tweeted that it was ICP related but I haven't heard what exactly.

I'm still betting it's something to do with compatibility with the iPhone. Now that the ICP can work using Bluetooth and as a keyboard, I can't see why Apple would have any reason to condone the use of it.

Now i think that they got a really big order for icontrolpads.What else can it be.
Craig Tweeted that it was ICP related but I haven't heard what exactly.

I'm still betting it's something to do with compatibility with the iPhone. Now that the ICP can work using Bluetooth and as a keyboard, I can't see why Apple would have any reason to condone the use of it.

Because OP aren't paying Apple, probably. That or it has too many buttons.

Because OP aren't paying Apple, probably. That or it has too many buttons.
As far as I'm aware you only need to pay Apple if your device connects to it through the extension port or if it's sold as a dedicated (Apple only) device.

It could be the button thing though knowing them :blink:

soooooo. . . .

What was the big news, looking at Craigix's tweets I don't see anything that big.

EDIT: Oh wait, I just checked Craigix tweets and he hasn't spilled the beans yet. For some reason the live bookmarks I have through my browser aren't updated regularly, need to check that out. . .

EDIT EDIT: I hate when people do this, they say they have good news or know something you don't know but WON'T TELL YOU!! Why the heck did you mention it in the first place!?!

Probably something to do with non-jailbroken support for iCP. Have they found a way to support nubs natively through the BT keyboard mode?

Probably something to do with non-jailbroken support for iCP. Have they found a way to support nubs natively through the BT keyboard mode?

It's better than that.
All ICP's will be made from Kryptonite so people don't have to worry about Superman stealing them?

Mmm. Big company buying tenth thousands OP and ICP for their shops ? Craigix screwing devices till the end of times...

Maybe Pandora 1.1, same case but new hardware...

A big review in big magazine...

Coloured cases.

Maybe the ICP being backed officially by Apple?
Steve Jobs? Back something that he did not personally release his demonic seed into? I find that hard to believe. :p

I was going to write something suggestive about Craig's recent illness, but then thought better of it.

I guess you are right though, Apple approve someone else's design, you've got a snowball's chance in hell.

Back