What Have You Bought While Waiting For Your Pandora?

Depending on which comes first: 27" Core i7 iMac with 8GB RAM. Months of waiting and sharing my MBP with t'other half have paid dividends.

I've now been banned from future gadget purchases.

In no particular order....

2* 16GB SD cards
Canon 5D MKII wih 24-105mm L Lense
2* 8GB CF cards for the above
A dual core laptop on the cheep off ebay
A xbox 360 and a few games
Colorvision Spectrocolormeter (for pring profiling)
AMD PhenomII 940
8GB DDR2 RAM
geforce GTX260
1TB Lacie designer external drive
about 2TB worth of internal drives
Sony Ericsson Experia X1
Sony PRS-505 ebook reader

errrmmm i'm sure there was something else but I cant remember

Edit: I have just reached the conclusion... I spend way too much on gadgets... but next on the list is a Studio Flash kit

I've bought 2 netbooks, the first was just a cheap $250 acer aspire one and threw crunchbang on it, my mom wanted one for slow days at work and I told her I'd just give mine to her when I got my pandora, because I needed something meanwhile to use for work.

A year later of telling her "it'll be about 2 more months until you can have this", I gave up and just recently bought an msi wind u210 (12.1" screen, amd neo 1.6ghz, ati x1270 video) which will now hold me over and finally gave her the aspire one to play with.

1 Intel Core i7-920 4x2.66GHz 8M, BOX
1 MSI X58 Pro-E DDR3-1333 PCI-E ATX
3 2048 MB A-Data DDR3/1333 Dimm Retail
1 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint F1 7200rpm
1 SONY AD5240S DVD±RW DL SATA OEM zwart
1 MSI GeForce GTS250 512MB OC DDR3 PCI-E
1 16:1 Cardreader intern USB2.0 Zwart
1 CoolerMaster Elite 335 ATX zwart
1 CoolerMaster 500W Extreme Power+ Voeding
1 Nero 9 OEM Essentials Suite 1

Ordered this in assembled form this weekend

em ok i got a few things :

xbox 360 (another one)
ps3 (60gb model)
final fantasy full sony playstation collection
sony blu ray player
halo 3 odst
all xmas prezzies for my family (spend alot there)
warhammer 40k
and a 32gb sd card

TheRain said:
i have bought nothing and i'm sad because i don't have a pandora yet :( i don't even have any game systems someone give me a hug

Awww. *hugs TheRain* :(

Last edited by a moderator:
maiden said:
one of those:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.27904

it currently runns: ubuntu, maemo(mer) and android ^_^
^_^
I also bought a SmartQ 7 though not from DX.

p.s. It also runs WinCE 6.0

Nation.A.List said:
maiden said:
one of those:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.27904

it currently runns: ubuntu, maemo(mer) and android ^_^
^_^
I also bought a SmartQ 7 though not from DX.

p.s. It also runs WinCE 6.0

ok, fine, WinCE, but i do not count any kind of windows as an OS.
yea, i saw that you where on the http://www.smartqmid.com/phpBB3/index.php boards..
loonging to get mine,.

What else have I bought? Well, I would buy a different emulators, but I spent a fortune on this, so...

aesir911 said:
What else have I bought? Well, I would buy a different emulators, but I spent a fortune on this, so...

You buy emulators? With all the free ones out there, and you would buy one? :huh:

HealyHQ said:
aesir911 said:

You buy emulators? With all the free ones out there, and you would buy one? :huh:

I think he means emulation-capable devices.

No, some emulators require a donation (basically buying them). That might be to download them, or just to remove a water mark or something.

i have bought a a-data 32gb sd card class 6, a a-data class 6 16gb sd card, a gps unit and a portable power station of 8000mah to charge the pandora twice while on the go.
(i know i know its actually 4200mah in pandora)

Systems I bought:
NDS
A new computer
16GB SD, not a system but won't fit in games.

Games I bought(ones that I could play on the Pandora):
10 NDS games, if the emulator ever works.
Both Lunar games on the PSX
A few PSX games that were really cheap, can't remember which ones, one of them was Blaster Master.

Stuff I plan to buy before/after Pandora comes out:
Wild Arms(can't find mine)
Final Fantasy 7(can't find mine and never passed it)
Final Fantasy 8 & 9(never owned)
Various Crash Bandicoot games(replacing one's I lost, only have the first one left)
Any PSX RPG that sounds fun
32GB SD card

I'm pretty good with owning every pre-Playstation games I'll play on the Pandora. I don't own all the Japanese Final Fantasies I have the translation patches applied, but I have the PSX and a few GBA and DS versions, so I can justify playing the NES/SNES versions since I paid for them on 3 other systems. I also don't own Mother 1 or 3 but I have the translated roms, yeah, I can't justify pirating them, but they were never realeased outside of Japan, if they were I would own them, probably on multiple systems.

I'll also buy more games as emulators work, like Dreamcast, Saturn, and Nintendo 64.

I bought a 2nd hand Zaurus just to see what older arm-based devices where capable of doing with just a 200MHz processor. I can say that the Zaurus impresses me even today so I'm trembling at the thought of what the Pandora can do with its more modern hardware.

Back