Virtual Racing

dang

Still Fresh
Hi !!

anyone is able to play virtual racing ???

I've try many times but everytime I see the screen in a strange way, I don't see the track but only grass and sky..

There is a way to play it ???

thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CIAOOOOOO

Daniele

As far as I remember, the cartridge for Virtua Racing on the Megadrive (at least) had some sort of graphics processor on it which makes it a pain to emulate. I'm not sure that even the most compatible PC Megadrive emulators can do it, so I doubt it's possible.

I think you can play it on the PC using the 32x version or as I did, the arcade version. Doubt you'll get it working on the GP2X though :(

yah on pc, the 32x games are emulated and I can play virtual racing, unfortunely not on my gp2x :-(

thanks

bye

Daniele

pretty sure he is talking about virtua racing. I have tried aswell and had no luck before. I was hoping it would be supported someday but seeing it uses a special gfx chip it will probably never be. I would recommend playing mario kart and f-zero on snes. Or if you want some gfx goodness playing a few of the working racing games on psx4gp2x.

Even if the chip was emulated I don't think GP2X would be powerful enough to handle it, I hear that it's a 23MHz CPU similar to SH1.

I want virtual racing !!!! :)
I think it's one of the first driving games where you drive the car and not the track !! :)

I hope someone listen our prayers !!

well rather listen to exophase then... if it is indeed a 23mhz chip, just forget about it. If you want virtua racing on genesis, then buy a genesis and virtua racing... or find an emulator that can do it on you pc.

I think no one is going to bother getting it emulated on a PC because that would require a massive amount of reverse engineering, and no one wants to spend that much time looking at ROM disassembly and poking at a Genesis. Furthermore, the boot ROM would need to be dumped somehow too. I don't even now how feasible it is to rig an interface to the SVP.

The thing is, only this game used it. And there are at least three superior versions of this game, especially the arcade one which is playable on MAME. If that isn't any good for you then the 32X version is significantly better too.

Not to say this game isn't impressive. I rented it when it was brand new and the whole experience was kinda a suspension of disbelief as to how my Genesis could be producing these graphics. Of course I was unaware that it had a dedicated chip, and that it cost as much as it did.

£60 in the UK ($120!) but it was awesome. Actually I might hunt a copy of it down on ebay as i never did beat the game.

I picked this up recently for my MD for as couple of quid. It is seriously not as good as I'd remembered! I can't imagine a coder going through all the trouble just to emulate this game..

You can pick it up on eBay for around 1p + postage! :)

I think the reason that people seek out the Megadrive version is because it had a certain 'aura' that the other versions don't. Nothing particularly tangible, it's just that the 32x and Arcade versions just weren't quite, you know...

I'm sure there are a small few out there who like the C64 version of Street Fighter II. It takes all sorts!

I hadn't heard of this game before (when I had my genesis I blocked out of my mind any games costing more than $20, lol) But I've become hooked on the arcade version in mame on my pc. It's really twitchy driving with the mouse, but it's a fun game.

Back