Virtua Novel System Games - I finished the demo :)

NiN^_^NiN

YOUR AUSSIE GP32 GURU!!!!!!!!&#3
Website
ninja.doomportables.org
Ok yes i was dead but i rose again :p

My new work has been making me very tired and my gp has been dead for a while i havet had time to send it to MR spiv yet :(

But here is the first VNS story called "A japanese Love Story" i have made 2 games 1 is a remake of Paradise height 2 which is a hentai game ;)

But i asked which version i should release only 1 said (The guy with gary coleman avatar) the Non hentai version AKA A Japanese Love Story and altho it was only 1 i still decided to do it cause i know not every1 likes hentai novels or even hentai

yeah i know im a pervert LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well here is the Non Hentai story its 1.96mb you will need to have VNS installed so please install it.

Also i will release the hentai version in a few mins i'm still fixing stuff in geepee32 :(

Enjoy this for now :)

http://www.ninja.doomportables.org/vns.html

P.S Please give me feedback :)

:ph34r:

This looks great, but how exactly do I play this?

The instructions say that I need the Virtual Novel System, but I can't find this for download anywhere. Help me out here.

NNNNIIIIINNNNNNN WHERE"S YOUR CATACOMBS 3-D GAME!!!!!!! PLZ!!!!

Oh sorry VNS = Virtua novel system

download vns.zip from here:http://www.ninja.doomportables.org/vns.zip

Then make a folder in gpmm called vns then make 1 called japan

put the vns.fxe in vns dir and when u download my story put that into the same directory

VNS has a bug where u must have a folder named the same as the zip file so that folder is japan

gpmm\vns
gpmm\vns\vns.fxe
gpmm\vns\japan.zip
gpmm\vns\japan.vns
gpmm\vns\readme.txt
gpmm\vns\japan

thats what it would look like :)

hope this helps

Oh yeah catacomb 3d im only releasing stuff i can i dont have time at all from work i sleep alot its that tiring :(

but i'll try to finish it i still have to learn more about c++ and talk talk to thunderz about it.

i'll see what i can do :)

i an get both and crc is ok.
but if i start vns.fxe i get a white screen with some lines on it and the gp freze

Yeah, i got this problem too.

I'm making a VNS game too :)
Called Lycéen, it a date-sim (no hentai), and it's in french.

I was going to remake Radical Dreamers but it was too difficult....

I'm making a VNS game too :)

Sounds good (not that I'll end up playing it though on account of the effor required to read in French - lots of french GP32ers though, so it'll go down nicely on that side of the channel :D)

Radical dreamers remake - too hard because of features not being implemented, or too hard because of the ammount of effort required to use those features?
Its a brilliant game, so if people decide they want a community project to work on in the interim before the real community project gets going, it might be a project to tackle. At least if the system can actually do the game...

At a guess, there's graphic-ripping and scripting as jobs (music you can pretty much take from Chrono Cross, iirc - I remember a lot of the stuff in RD being identical)...

Just a thought...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you get the "White screen and virtical lines" bug, this is due to the fact that differant GP32s handle clock speeds in differant ways. PM me for a fixed fxe.

Seems like a nice game. There is a little bug, the guy asks for a menu A while he's in front of his flat and not in the café. And some unexpected crashes happen sometimes, I'll try to reproduice them and to describe them more precisely, but I think it must be a VNS bug.

I'm making a VNS game too
Cool, now I have a reason to be french :p

edit: corrected things about the crash

Radical dreamers remake - too hard because of features not being implemented, or too hard because of the ammount of effort required to use those features?
Its a brilliant game, so if people decide they want a community project to work on in the interim before the real community project gets going, it might be a project to tackle. At least if the system can actually do the game...

At a guess, there's graphic-ripping and scripting as jobs (music you can pretty much take from Chrono Cross, iirc - I remember a lot of the stuff in RD being identical)...

Radical Dreamers was too hard because there was tooooo choices, too differends ways to finish the game, and i've finished it just one time.... You have to know the game perfectly to port it, but it's perfectly realisable :)

Graphics used were ripped from Chrono Cross for the background and were the originals characters artworks for faces.

^ ^

Last edited by a moderator:
Back