Video Problems With Tv-out Cable

meancode

Still Fresh
Hi All,

I just picked up a S-Video coupler today and now have my GP2X hooked up to my TV.

If that is important, it is: Samsung 32" HD LCD.

The audio plays out of both my TV speakers and the speakers of the GP2X. Is this normal?

Most things seem to work fine. However, some of the emulators I run only show half the screen, show a double image either horizontal or vertical.

DrMDx - Top half of screen is game, bottom half is mirror of game, but very "noisy" looking. The app itself runs fine. It only does the double image thing when it launches a game.
fishyNES - I only see the left half of the screen
GP2XHandy - Same problems as DrMDx, but even the selector screen is doubled.
smsPlus - mirror image left to right, at launcher and game.

Are these problems of the emulators themselves, or is my video not working properly?

Other things work fine, playing video works, MAME works, squidgeSNES works, other emu seem to work just fine.

I made sure I have the latest versions of these emu, and I am running FW 1.4.0. I have unplugged and plugged in the S-Video cable. It still does it. I also put in fresh batteries. Still have these issues.

The non emu games all run just fine. This is why I am thinking this is a video problem and not an emulation problem.

What gives? Thanks,

Ken

meancode posted on Mar 21 2006 at 05:47 AM said:
fishyNES - I only see the left half of the screen

Well that saves me asking if TV-Out works or not!

I'll take a look at the wiki info and add that to the list of things to do for the next release :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My problem with TV-out is that a bunch of the picture is cut off and I have a fairly new TV.
I am aware this is a problem with most TV's because they cut off the edges to ensure that no one sees black on their tv (OMG that would be horrible!!! *sarcasm*)

Well it seems the GP2X does not compensate for this fact at all, does that TV-out fixer fix this by any chance, is there something that does, or do I simply have to wait for the next firmware?

Can someone check Clonekeen2x? I don't have a TVout cable (mainly because I don't have a TV)... or is there some special code I need to put in so it won't work anyway?

I've tried the tv out fixer with Drmdx and it DOES NOT work with NTSC, only PAL. PAL makes my tv black and white :( Anyone got this working with NTSC? Thanks.

Alright, I have the TV-Out Fixer installed. It somewhat works but not real good. The refresh rate must be off.

I have a Samsung 32" LCD HDTV, I assume the refresh has to be very high? Does anyone know a good setting for the Fix Refresh Time?

The screen doesn't do all sorts of wacky things when I set it to 120 for refresh, but it doesn't fix what it says it will fix, specificly Drmd or SquidgeSNES. So, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Back