No Image On Tv-out

naples39

I just got my tvout, but when I try it on my tv the lcd goes out, but the tv screen just stays black and says unusable signal. I have tried both PAL and NTSC modes (I am in north america), and am using a s-video coupler (http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103480&cp) for the video line. Firmware 1.4.

Is there anything else I can do here? Is the coupler the wrong kind?

donny662

Website
Visit site
The coupler is right. I use the same one myself. I know this is obvious, but make sure you have the right input selected on the TV.

NTSC is the correct format for TVs in USA/Canada.

Also, try putting upward or downward pressure on the ext. connector. With some of the first batch cables, the connector is pretty shoddy. There was a guide that detailed a nice method for making the cable have a more consistent connection, but I haven't tried it myself yet.

naples39

Okay, it seemed that everything is okay aside from the crappy connection. Fortunately the 3x5 card fix seems to work pretty well.

I don't suppose there is anyway to actually shrink the image, not just move it around? It projects quite a bit too large.

naples39

Figured that was it. I kind of expected something to be there in the tv options, but I guess having an older set is catching up with me.