Tv Out Problems

Guyfawkes

Certified Idiot :)
Website
www.emuholic.com
Earlier in the year I bought a TV-Out cable which I couldnt get working and posted at http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=27962 to see if anyone could shed some light on it. It ended up that I returned the cable and put the problem down to a faulty cable as at the time the first batch had problems with the plugs.

I now have a BOB since a couple of weeks ago and have tried getting TV out working but not having much success. Here is some information:

- GP2X (MK1) and BOB are both powered with adaptors.
- USB host is working as I have successfully tested with a mouse so the connection is working between GP2X and BOB
- Have tried two S-Video cables, also tried a S-Video to component adaptor on 3 displays; a TV, projector and a PC TV card.
- TV-Out seems to half work as the projector plays audio when its connected, but no picture.
- When trying on PC TV card I get a blue screen (means no signal) but occasional black bars when TV-Out is enabled. This seems to me that something is trying to get through?
- Tried jiggling the plugs on the GP2X and BOB side in case its a bad fitting.
- Tried both NTSC and PAL in the TV-Out screen on the above.

I have gone through everything I can think of and nothing seems to work so my only thought is that the TV-Out on the GP2X is somehow broke, but audio is working so that doesnt make sense.

Anyone got any suggestions? I would really like to get this working as I want to add support for higher resolutions in my next game but I cant do this without a working TV-Out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried cleaning the EXT connector on both the GP2X and the TV cable (and BoB cable), I thought mine had died once until I tried blowing on the connector - the pins are so small (and sometimes loose) it doesn't take much to prevent them touching. Well it worked for me anyway :)

Back