Trying Tv-out Again

daclassicgamingmaster

It Is Your Birthday.
Website
krispf3.blogspot.com
Yep, another thread :p

I decided to try my tv out cable again, because last night I had a revelation: Out of nowhere, it dawned on me that merely plugging in the cable and selecting tv out wouldnt work- I actually needed to select "tv/video" on my television remote, the same concept behind attaching mt sega saturn :rolleyes:.

So this morning I awoke with some hope. Just maybe, tv out worked all along and I've just been a retard! So I plug everything in, cut my scalp open a few times trying to access the s-video outlet in the back of my media cabinet ;), and select the option on my remote. It works! Well, sort of. After some wiggling due to the faulty connection, I got half of gmenu2x displayed. So, I select beat2x for a quick test, and alas, only sound from the 2x's speakers! I continue to fiddle with the tv remote, and find that on "Video 3", I get blazing sound from the television, but no picture!

How to I solve both problems: Getting the full picture, and getting sound and display on one TV channel setting? Is there a way?

So, you get svideo on one input and the sound on another? I would check your connections again, b/c you should have a sound input for your svideo input. In sounds to me like you have the sound connected (maybe) to your composite input. If that is the case, and for some strange reason your svid doesn't have seperate sound jacks, then you could but a svid to composit adaptor and go all RCA(composit).

Great, both of your replys make sense. I didnt realize TV out may only work halfway in some programs, but then again, I would imagine gmenu2x would be good? I'll try drmd and post back.

@ reaper: I think I know what the problem is now that you pointed that out. I'll try to fix that as well right now.

Thanks for the replys!

argh, can someone please point me to the thread about the connection fix? something about an index card?? I tried searching, but nothing's showing.

edit: yay it works full screen now!!! And I fixed the sound problem :D

I can finally enjoy TV out!

I just need to fix the lousy connection on the cable <_<

I found nubie's guide to fixing faulty connections.

I just need to fix gmenu2x. Is there a way to fix it on tv out? sorry, but if it was discussed i missed it since I thought my cable was faulty all along >_<

http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,6,1577

Download that, and run it before using any app that doesn't display properly. It runs in the background and readjusts the screen to proper TV-Out settings every few seconds (you don't notice it unless the screen's actually displaying wrong).

I don't think it works on 100% of the problem apps, but it works on several I've tried.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 28 2006 at 05:01 AM said:
I just need to fix gmenu2x. Is there a way to fix it on tv out? sorry, but if it was discussed i missed it since I thought my cable was faulty all along >_<
gmenu2x doesn't support tv-out yet, but Ryo's working on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tripmonkey_uk posted on Oct 28 2006 at 05:07 AM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 28 2006 at 05:01 AM said:
gmenu2x doesn't support tv-out yet, but Ryo's working on it.
good to know, thanks.

Thanks for the link shinneri, I'll check that out now.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only way to "fix" TV Out for Gmenu2X currently is not to load the GMenu2X menu automatically.

So start the GP2X into the default GUI first, then run the autorun.gpu.

It's something to do with autorun that messes up TV Out.

Back