Video Output Signal Quality Also Affected By Impedance Problem?

xyta

Hi,

according to the blog, the wifi problem was caused due to the changed impedance of the clock trace. This was obviously the reason for a very spoiled clock signal which the wifi chip was barely able to handle.

The reason for the changed impedance was the change of the board manufacturer. So I wonder if other high frquency traces on the board are affected by an impedance problem.

1) Probably the same matter which spoilt the clock signal of the wifi chip also causes problems with the analog video output trace? If the video out signal is also corrupted by a changed impedance and misfitting resistors this could result in a very bad video image quality.

2) Clock traces to other chips could also be affected. Maybe these chips work for now, but at the limits of their tolerance or the tolerance of some resitors. Maybe this could induce problems at changed environmental circumstances, like higher temperatures during the forthcoming summer??

I think you might be talking about this post:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/52838-pandora-wi-fi-on-350kilobytess/page__st__120__p__836001&#entry836001

Yes, the one found was a trace that only affected this clock, and so just the Wireless chip. I read the original post as asking how we're sure that no other trace impedance values have changes (still seems odd to me that it would only be one), which might affect other peripherals. Have we confirmed they didn't change anything else without telling us?

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I measured the TV Out signal with our waveform already to tweak the TV Out scripts... I guess it's fine ;)

Back