Vektar !

paxl13

Hi everyone,

Long time no talk :p but I still read the forum at everyday ! I Just started playing Geometry Wars : Galaxys on my DS and I just remebered the ** awfulll fu*** Har*** * Game named Vektar on my '2x. So, after a few try, I'm just owned,
What thenic do you use to play, tips, howto ! If I get to pass the demo I'll probably buy the retail version :p

Thanks for your infos,
paxl13

Try the earlier demo that shipped with firmware 2.0.0 (the one without walls), it is a lot more approachable :)

The one that ships with the value pack sucks, The homebrew version is very good though

paxl13 said:
What thenic do you use to play, tips, howto ! If I get to pass the demo I'll probably buy the retail version :p

In the first version you could "hide" in the corner forever. But this has been corrected.
Here's the way I play:
-Always moving, but slowly so you can aim at the ennemies. Thrust far when surrounded.
-Avoid staying in the centre
-You can still use the corners but you'll have to always be in motion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the time limit is just insane. There is a pack of all existing versions of vektar available in the file archive, you try them.

I have to say I have been slightly disappointed by the full commercial version. Somehow I enjoyed it less than the free version, because of the insanely hard and quite boring labyrinth levels.

However, the free version is a bit too easy. You have to play a very long time before reaching challenging levels. It is a pity, because a slight change in the difficulty level (never seen a game where there are so much lives available), and it would be really great.

Craigix, you said at some point that there were cheat code for Vektar, could you release them?

Craigix and Dzzz (sorry if I misspelled your name), could you think about updating your game? An endless mode, as the freeware version, with more difficulty levels and all the monsters of the commercial version would be great.

You could also just release the code, I would be happy to contribute.

I Just shoot off in a random direction bouncing off walls, holding down fire

I just purchased the comercial version :p May I help Craig with it :p It's pretty fun, I unlocked the time battle on area 1 and the aera 2 got to the boss of the aera 2 and got owned :p

I'll practise more !

Cya
paxl13

Where do you get the full version of Vektar? Everywhere I looked seemed to have been sold out.

Thanks,
Mike

www.gp2x.co.uk

Now playing the Aera 3 [ those coridor games are COOL, much easier for now than in the demo version ]

paxl13

Edit : Wow ! Towers from the demo got HARDER, I'm not sure when I'll get through it :p Anyway, this game is hardcore, it's not for girls that for sure !

Here are the cheats:

press A R and X for 4 extra lives (once per zone)

To unlock the entire game + the video endings (starring me) make these file names on the SD in the same dir as Vektar:

miner
mayhem
wizkid
drunken
poker
clarkson
hammond
may
stig
topgeardog

There you go, enjoy!

Is the version included in the NAND of the value pack the full commercial version? Because A+X+R isnt working

Good to know but I didn't buy a game to cheat in it :p

Simple question for you craigix. Can you pass Vektar by your own mean :p Was wondering

paxl13

craigix said:
Here are the cheats:

press A R and X for 4 extra lives (once per zone)

To unlock the entire game + the video endings (starring me) make these file names on the SD in the same dir as Vektar:

miner
mayhem
wizkid
drunken
poker
clarkson
hammond
may
stig
topgeardog

There you go, enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the cheat codes. Especially the one to unlock everything. I got bored of the 3rd level, that I did not passed.

Hi,

All these posts reminded me with this game, so I have downloaded VEKTAR PACK v1. I'm playing this compilation on a F-200, and only the first version (Vektar-0.1) works. All the others crash at the beginning, when initializing the sound. I think it could be related to volume and frequency changes that have been made to the F-200 sound system...It is a pity as this pack worked fine on my former F-100 :)

Is someone experiencing the same ? I will try to modify the config files and see what happens :)

Bye, have a nice week-end :)

Magic Sam

What's the difference between the download version of Vektar and the sd card one? Does the sd card one come in a nice box with nice printed instructions?

Thanks,
Mike

The downloadable versions are the first Vektar, and the new Vektar's demo. The SD card one is the new full Vektar full version with more levels and harder gameplay.

Back