GP2X Proposal For A "gp2x Deluxe" Brand

rokdcasbah posted on Apr 29 2006 at 02:26 AM said:
what if the "most downloads" section of the file archive was made more prominent?
Unfortunately the "most downloads" section mostly reflects how many versions have been released, since it doesn't restart the counter when the file is updated. That might be of some interest but it doesn't really help very much.

Independent review sites will probably help the most.

Last edited by a moderator:
A fanzine would really be ideal at this point. We had quite a few in the past with the GP32 but unfortunately they never lasted more then a few issues.

yaustar posted on Apr 28 2006 at 10:25 AM said:
Kind of reminds me of nintendos's 'seal of quality' years ago for the NES :)

Yes but that really doesn't mean anything back then... I dread playing mario's missing oh why oh why did I ever rent that... and x-men oh god the stamp of approval was soo meaningless back then. P.S To further your insite I did indeed defeat mario's missing oh how I wish I can reclaim those lost hours! I'm crying inside someone hold me....*tear*

BenRoshi posted on Apr 28 2006 at 02:10 PM said:
I think it'd be nice to have the best games for the GP2X identified as such. It'd make things easier for a new user, especially if the 2X's library reaches the level of the GP32's. Instead of searching through, hoping they get a quality game, they can go straight to the Delux collection, and explore at a later date.

As a "hopeful" potential owner of GP2x, I agree on the best of and heck if there's some tallented programs come togeather and work as one, I bet they could make a killer app/games. An example the top 10 programers /group of games and apps and paired them togeather and see what can happen it'll almost be entertaining itself to see the dev logs and journal. Either way it's mostly a wishful thinking on my part and I really should learn how to program, but like most people I don't want to spend 2 years of c++ programing and don't even get to the jucy stuff like GUI oh heck the last thing I programed was basic on apple systems you know with a 5 1/4 disk drives.

I hope this doesn't count as x2 posting now because I hate it when I break the rules... then I hear a voice in my head saying "rules are meant to be broken!".

my2nads posted on May 19 2006 at 01:56 PM said:
As a "hopeful" potential owner of GP2x, I agree on the best of and heck if there's some tallented programs come togeather and work as one, I bet they could make a killer app/games. An example the top 10 programers /group of games and apps and paired them togeather and see what can happen it'll almost be entertaining itself to see the dev logs and journal. Either way it's mostly a wishful thinking on my part and I really should learn how to program, but like most people I don't want to spend 2 years of c++ programing and don't even get to the jucy stuff like GUI oh heck the last thing I programed was basic on apple systems you know with a 5 1/4 disk drives.
Actually, killer games require more effort on the "content" side -- mostly artwork -- than on the coding side. The hardest part about an RPG isn't coding the engine, it's building the characters and monsters and items and forests and dungeons and so on. While it's true that a coder can make a game with no art but an artist can't make a game without some code, if an artistically-inclined person had most of the art built for a game he wouldn't have any trouble finding a coder to team up with to get the game built. The fact that this never happens illustrates where the real difficulty in producing killer games lies.

I'm just saying that whenever somebody writes "I would do it myself but I don't know how to code", what they really should be saying is "I would do it myself but I don't know how to draw or design or code or anything else useful". :lol:

Dzz posted on May 19 2006 at 04:16 PM said:
I'm just saying that whenever somebody writes "I would do it myself but I don't know how to code", what they really should be saying is "I would do it myself but I don't know how to draw or design or code or anything else useful". :lol:
And the/an artist in the forums says "Bingo."

Back