Vektar Downloadable Version

J201605

Website
google.com
Is there a cheaper downloadable version of vektar that you can buy. The boxed one comes with many things i don't need.

No, the game was quoted on the demo as available as boxed or download, but you can't get it as a download, I believe it is only available sold on an SD card so the DRM (anti-trust on behalf of the seller) can be incorporated (even though people hate DRM).

Technically there's no reason to sell it as a physical SD-card containing the game in order for the DRM to work. They could always just offer a downloadable version, which can only be unlocked with a registration key tied to the SD card or gp2x unit (I assume it's possible to identify individual units as well, not sure about that).

I've got some gps app for my palm that works exactly like that. Go to their site, enter the numbers displayed on screen when your app starts, and you get the unlock key sent to your email address under which you registered the application.

craigix posted on Sep 25 2006 at 04:33 AM said:
Download versions of vektar (80meg) and payback (500meg) soon.

500meg?! :eek:

Sweet!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll buy Payback as soon as it will be out,

It look too much cool !!!

paxl13

downloadible games are convenient.. but i personally like to have everything that goes with it when i pay for games lol. beside doing little things like including a joystick cap make it that much cooler.

My GP2X will be here like in 3 hours but while I wait let me ask this, does Payback look good? Ive heard its a GTA Clone, but from the video does it really look like one or is it just free roaming (IE No side missions or cool stunts). Cause a free roaming title makes a console worth while to me

There's a story mode with, well, a story.
A challenge mode for those who like it hard and a rampage mode for those who just want do rampage some cities :)

AT 500 Mb.. I'll look to buy it boxed.. because I only have one 2GB SD card [ a cheap
33x .. ] so...

Will see when it will be out,
I'm hardly waiting for it.

EvilDragon... any clue on when It'll be ready ?

paxl13

vektar looks cool but i cant imagine paying 30 dollars for it, i know people said that a downloadable version is being worked on, but does any1 know if the downloadable will be cheaper if it even exists.

Downloadable Vektar should surely not cost more than £9 max; this is about the remainder after taking away the cost of the SD card and packaging (see CraigiX's old posts on the subject).

If you pay for the game, you should be able to run it on multiple SD cards and GP2x's that you own - this is only right (and deters piracy).

bacteria posted on Sep 26 2006 at 12:32 AM said:
If you pay for the game, you should be able to run it on multiple SD cards and GP2x's that you own - this is only right (and deters piracy).

:blink:

How does that deter piracy? Surely the point is to stop people copying it to multiple SD cards and GP2Xs.

Anyway, all DRM is crap! The only reason a cracked version is unlikely to turn up is the small user base of the GP2X.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back