Various More Sneaks

emcp said:
MWeston said:
monkeyo2 said:
Edit: It may have been noticed already, but I just realised that the space bar takes up two contacts on the board, does this mean it could potentially be used like a volume control style rocker, e.g. making your brush bigger or smaller in GIMP?
We tried this on rev2 and it was agreed by all that it was a bad idea. If the rubber was stiff enough to make both buttons press (ie. if you press in the middle), then you get two events back in Linux and it was agreed that would be confusing as you wouldn't know if the space bar was pressed twice quickly or if you had to throw one event away. It was changed back to one input for rev3.

BTW, I just got some production analog nubs today so I'm soldering them onto a PCB for use in this FDM case. I had the whole thing together last night but I don't think any games support the internal controls because everyone has been using USB gamepads and keyboards. If I can get a new build that works, I will definitely make a video. :)

so i take it the sticks shown in video arnt the real ones

because that was my no1 concern when i first saw the video

No, they are. They were just on the wrong circuit board.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai
They don't have the grip enhancement that can be seen on the renders, so I suppose those used in the FDM vid were pre-production/prototype nubs.

mali said:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai
They don't have the grip enhancement that can be seen on the renders, so I suppose those used in the FDM vid were pre-production/prototype nubs.

Or maybe the concentric rings in the renders are added by a nub cover. (That's what I had assumed)

-God Ginrai

monkeyo2 said:
Thanks for the clarification (wow a reply from M[ichael]Weston, I feel all star struck now!).
Yeah, especially since he's also like the coolest spy ever...even if he did get burned. :)

Back